Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill! // Part One

I knew Archie could sing

I knew Archie could sing. That was one thing I had no doubt about. His voice was incredible and he always managed to put so much effort into his songs. The Variety Show just might not have been the spot for him.

As soon as he walked out, the football team started making their annoying jokes which knocked Archie's already low self-esteem to the floor. Eventually he ran off stage while they laughed. Veronica sat next to me, feeling bad for Archie but not bothering to do anything, so I took it into my own hands.

"Hey Reggie," I stood up, one hand finding its way to my hip, "I'd like to see you get up there and do better."

Reggie's laughing stopped as he looked at me, "Listen Marrows, I get you're all up for defending your boy toys but-"

"Unlike you, I defend my friends because they're important to me. You sound like a slutty teenage girl. Grow some balls and do something with your life for once. We're all tired of seeing your immature face around here," I finished as I pulled my backpack on my shoulder.

Silence filled the room for a split second before Kevin started clapping. I rolled my eyes at him but smiled nonetheless as I made my way out to find Archie.

--

After finding Archie sitting by Valerie, I checked to make sure he was okay before going to meet Betty and Jughead. Betty had texted me saying they found some evidence in her mom's purse this morning and needed my help. Why they needed me, I didn't know.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I tossed my backpack on the desk before claiming my chair. I twisted it lightly as I spun and waited for a response.

"The Sisters of Quiet Mercy. Sound familiar?" Betty waved her phone in front of my face.

I shook my head, "Never heard of it. Is that where Polly is?"

Jughead nodded, "We think. Care to join us on an adventure?"

"Wow, so now you want me around?" I raised my eyebrows at Jug's suggestion.

He sighed, "You were too busy with Archie to care anyway. I know I shouldn't have done what I did but-"

"No, not now. I don't want to hear this," I shook my head and stood up, "But, I will go. For Betty. Because I know how much Polly means to you."

--

The next time we spoke of Polly was lunch. Betty and Jughead were on one side of the table as I sat with Archie and Valerie.

"What are you guys talking about? Anything I can help with?" Archie looked at Jughead and Betty.

"What we're attempting is a stealth operation, Archie. If we go in there with the entire Scooby Gang, forget it, we're compromised." Jughead tossed his bag of chips on the table.

Betty stepped in to lessen Jughead's blow, "Well, don't you have to practice for the Variety Show anyways?"

Archie looked at Valerie who returned the action, "Uh, no, I don't."