Wake Me Up When It's Over

Beastboy quickly jumped and turned into a snake for a faster ride. He turned into a sasquatch and hugged the unconscious Raven. They both rolled to the cliff until it was finally over. He turned back, his body bruised and his clothes tattered. He saw Raven. Her poor, limp body on the soil and her face covered with innocence. He took her in his arms and cried. He was blaming himself for this happening to Raven.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
The sound of heart monitor beeping covered the silent room.

There's Raven.

Her body was still.

No floating.

Almost like dead.

It's all uncovered.

There are many bruises and wounds all over her body. It was revealed by her half naked body wearing black undergarments under a white, comfy blanket.

"Raven's refusing to wake up. But she's still alive." Robin said.

"I want to apologize to our friend...I should not have overreacted about the friendly way of Earth people do." Starfire said.

"Man... She got cuts. From blade." Cyborg said, pulling the blanket to reveal Raven's self inflicted cuts.

"It's all my fault. I told her that she ruining everything. I was so mad then I saw her about to kill herself."

"No. The way we act to her caused this. And she's...she's dying inside." Robin explained.

Beastboy took a seat beside the bed where Raven was on. He observed her motionless body on the white covers. The others shared a nod and went outside to give Beastboy some privacy. He can't take it. He bursted out crying and held Raven's naked hand as he cried. He felt like a monster. He kissed on her hand and brushed the tips of his fingers onto her soft, violet hair.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry. Please don't leave me. I don't know how I'll live. I...I love you. Please don't give up. Please...please..." He mumbled in his cries.

He let go of her hand and gave her a kiss on her forehead before leaving the room. He missed the sight if Raven smiling, laughing, meditating, and many more. He really missed her. He just want to see her again, talk to her, and hang out with the others like they do. He smiled at the memories but got shaken by reality. He sadly went in his room with hope that Raven is going to be fine.

"No! Go away!" Raven screamed.

"Raven! Please. I'm begging you to stop."

"Go away! Just wake me up when it's over..."

She slashed her throat which made Beastboy scream in horror.

"NO!!!!!~"

He screamed until he woke up. He looked around and realized that it was a dream. It felt so true.

"Raven...no..."

He sobbed quietly in fear that it was true. At some point, it felt that it is.

"Wake me up when it's over..."

That sentence ran in his mind. He thought that it could be the reason why Raven refused to wake up. Quickly getting on his knees, he ran in the infirmary and saw Raven still. He sat down beside her and took a deep breath before speaking to prevent himself from squeaking after he cried.

"Raven, it's over. We shouldn't forgive you because you didn't do anything wrong. You should forgive us for doing wrong. But it'll never be over if you're there. Refusing to wake up. Please be alive. I'll die if you died."

The heart monitor beeped showing that Raven got a normal heart beat. He smiled and held Raven's hand in his gloved, bigger ones.

"Just one more thing to do, Rae. Wake up. Then you just have to rest a little, then we'll hang out, we'll meditate, we'll talk, we'll eat together, we'll buy books and we'll do many more. There's nothing to be afraid of if you are."

He ran his fingertips to her smooth hair gently as he watch her breathing normally. It's worth it risking his time watching her alive.