Chapter 4: Sam

Sam tosses and turns in his empty bed. Unable to sleep he sighs and sits up.

"Hey baby" a familiar voice whispers gently. "I've missed you." She continues.

Sam stares at her for a moment. "Jess I'm dreaming." He stammers, trying to make sure that's what's really going on.

Jess grabs Sam's hand. "You may or may not be sleeping, what does it matter?"

Deciding he's definitely dreaming he allows it to take over. "I miss you." He tells her.

She smiles "I miss you too, but what are you doing? You're running. Haven't we been down this road before?"

Sam thinks this over, but he knows it's different now. "No last time I wanted to be normal, now I know I'm a freak."

"You know that's not true. Even at Stanford you knew there was something dark inside you. I was dead from the minute we said hello." Jess says trying to make Sam understand.

Sam grimaces "No! That's not true!"

"Would you believe I'm trying to help you?" Jess says sweetly. "Sooner or later your past will catch up with you, then people will die. The people closest to you always die." Sam looks up mouth open ready to rebut what Jess has said, but she's vanished.

---

Sam stands behind the bar, cleaning off the counter with a rag. He looks up to see Lindsay shooting darts, barley missing the target.

"Keith, do you play?" Lindsay calls over to Sam.

Still not used to his fake name he almost doesn't answer, but he sees her staring straight at him and remembers "it depends, what are we playing for?" Sam puts the rag in the dirty cloth bucket and saunters over to her.

She looks him up and down. "You know, you're pretty smart. I know that was you who completed the Sunday New York Times crossword. How about when I win you buy me dinner and tell me your life story." He smiles shyly at him.

Sam smiles back "that sounds fair." He says as he throws all three darts into the bullseye.

Lindsay frowns "very mysterious." She says to Sam, but his attention has been pulled away by a news report on TV.

"Spring hail, electric storms, and now massive fires consuming whole cities." The reporter goes on as the screen shows pictures of burning towns, and hail the size of golfballs.

"Is it just me, or does it seem like the world is ending?" The bartender says interrupting Sam's thoughts.

---

Sitting in his empty motel room Sam opens his laptop. He opens a page of the book of revelations in Latin. As he reads he opens his phone and scrolls down to Dean. The number highlighted on in his phone, he quickly changes his mind and scrolls up to Bobby and hits call.

"Sam?" Bobby answers the phone. Where are you? He continues not letting Sam answer.

"I'm in Garber Oklahoma, I've noticed some revelation omens in a town up the road." Sam explains hoping Bobby will come and take care of it.

Bobby sighs "and you're calling because?"

"I was hoping you could find a Hunter in the area to come." Sam says knowing already what Bobby is going to say.