Chapter Five

Raph waited with his brothers on (Y/N)'s terrace. Mikey had his face pressed to the window to see inside while the other three waited patiently in the chairs.

"Where did she say she was?" Asked Donnie.

"She said she was on the way," Said Raph. "She'll be here soon."

"I hope she hurries!" Mikey turned away from the window. "I'm starving, and the pizza is gonna be here soon! How is she supposed to get it if she isn't here?"

"She isn't our pizza girl." Raph said.

Just as he finished, he saw her coming up to her door to open it up. She looked winded as she set a coffee cup on her nightstand and dropped her backpack to the ground. As soon as she opened the door, she rushed to apologize.

"I completely forgot, I had to stay after school, and then I—"

"Don't worry," Leo said with a smile. "It's good to see you."

(Y/N)'s frightened expression melted away into a small, ethereal smile. "You, too,"

"How was school?" Asked Donnie as all of Raph's brothers filed into her room.

"Oh," She shrugged. "Okay, I guess,"

They all stared at her for her to continue, but it only seemed to make her uncomfortable. She looked around the room and rubbed her arm.

"You know, I had... science."

Raph knew she was hiding something, but he wasn't going to make her say it in front of everyone else. "Hey, how was that English project you told me about?" He rushed to change the subject.

(Y/N) smiled. "Good! I got an A."

There was a ring at the doorbell and (Y/N) curiously looked over her shoulder. She turned back to the brothers, obviously expecting an answer for who was at her door.

"We ordered pizza." Mikey explained.

(Y/N) nodded and picked up her coffee cup, sipping on it as she left her room. The four of them awkwardly stood there until they heard the door shut. Mikey peeked his head out of her door and then rushed out of the room, Raph and his brothers following after him.

Raph sat next to (Y/N) and draped his arm on the back of the sofa. Everyone, besides (Y/N), started digging in. She just sat and drank her drink.

"Mom's coming back tomorrow," (Y/N) said to no one in particular. "So, I won't be at school the day after."

Raph figured the reason why she was telling them was because they jumped to crazy conclusions the last time she was absent from school. At least this time, they'd have a heads up so they wouldn't have to worry.

"Where is she?" Leo asked.

"She went to Busan for a job. She didn't tell me much about it, though."

Raphael was a bit happy to see her chatting with his brothers so easily. Normally she'd keep to herself and answer with short sentences, but now she was the one starting conversations.

He figured she just had a good day. Her talking so easily was almost out of character for her, so there was no other explanation besides she could be getting better. But, things like that don't change overnight.

"I was thinking, maybe tomorrow when she gets home you guys can all come over?" (Y/N) suggested, setting her cup on the table. "You know, since... Mom really likes you and she can't know where the lair is. You don't have to. I just think it would be... nice."

"Sounds cool." Said Raph.

Leo nodded. "We'll be there."

"Hey, (Y/N)," Said Mikey on the floor. "Who's Percy?"

Raph noticed (Y/N) tense and that alone was enough to get him to look at her. Under his gaze, (Y/N) shrunk back and began playing with her fingers.

"Um... he's my... well," She shrugged, a small smile gracing her features. "We're friends."

Raph felt himself smile, too. He was proud of her for reaching out to more people than just the two they introduced her to. "Is he cool?"

She nodded immediately. "I think so. He's really nice and... I dunno. He's cool." (Y/N) grinned at Raphael.

For the rest of the night, they watched a superhero movie and drank soda, (Y/N) occasionally noting things she didn't notice the first time she watched the movie and Donnie sometimes pointing out minor errors that seemed to annoy everyone except for (Y/N).

Soon, it was time to go home and the boys all filed out of her room. Raph was the last to leave, giving her a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek once his brothers went away. They said goodnight and then (Y/N) shut the doors to her terrace and Raphael went away.

They were just getting home with Mikey spoke. "So, are you jealous~?"

Raph looked to his younger brother, then to Leo and Donnie on the other side of him. They stared at Mikey with the same questioning look.

"Oh, come on. (Y/N) gets a new friend who's a guy... didn't you notice how smiley she was."

"I think it was just because she thinks he's nice, Mikey." Donnie said.

Leo nodded. "Yeah, you're overreacting."

"No girl smiles like that when talking about a guy, dude! Not unless she likes him!" Mikey said, sounding especially panicked. "Trust me, I know these things."

"The only two girls you've ever talked to are (Y/N) and April." Raph pointed out. "Plus, she's probably just happy because she made a friend on her own."

Although, now that Mikey mentioned it, it was a little weird how she hesitated to describe their relationship...

Raph mentally shook his head. He trusted (Y/N). He didn't have anything to worry about.

He just needed to stay away from Mikey before he said something else stupid to make Raph think too hard about nothing.

"I'm going to my room," Raph announced.

He and (Y/N) were fine. It was normal—no, great!—that (Y/N) was making friends. And sometimes, that friend would be with someone of the opposite gender.

But even as he read his comic, he couldn't help but let his mind wander.

Just who was that guy, anyway?

---
I just recently got into Dear Evan Hansen and it made me cry so hard because I relate to Evan so much. I watched the bootleg with my friends and none of them could follow his reasoning but I understood so well. Just everything about him from the way he carries himself to his thought process to the way he speaks just reminded me of myself and it was a lot to take in