Chapter Seven

Raph found (Y/N)'s apartment to feel more like home than it usually did upon his arrival. He wasn't sure what it was that made him feel so pleasantly odd, but he couldn't deny that he enjoyed it.

His brothers talked up a storm with (Y/N) as if they hadn't seen each other in days, but it had really only been hours. They asked her tons of questions about her favorite superhero, who was her favorite author, and did she have a favorite type of pizza, or did it all taste good to her? Raph didn't know why they suddenly felt the need to play twenty questions with her. (Y/N) answered them as best as she could, but she seemed to be struggling, even though they were all questions about her.

Raph noticed from the moment he saw her that something was wrong. However, he couldn't exactly pull her aside without drawing attention to themselves. He figured it would be best to wait to both keep (Y/N) from embarrassment and spare himself from the teasing that was sure to happen afterwards.

(Y/N)'s mom put on a movie, but no one ended up watching it. Leo asked her about her trip and her simple answer of "good," wasn't enough for anyone in the room. (Y/N)'s mom ended up telling everyone what happened, from the room she stayed in to the combat she used to bring down the bad guy.

Most of the night was spent with chatting and eating pizza. After a while Mikey fell asleep and (Y/N) said he looked too peaceful to wake up. Although, Raph thought Mikey looked kind of gross, considering he had fallen asleep with pizza sauce on one side of his mouth and drool coming out of the other.

(Y/N)'s mom said that it was alright if they wanted to sleep over since she was home. Her statement made Raph suddenly feel hot. He had slept over at (Y/N)'s house without her mom knowing, and even though they didn't do anything more than sleep, he still felt suddenly uneasy. He caught (Y/N)'s eye and she had the same expression.

No one else seemed to notice.

After another hour of conversation, (Y/N) excused herself to change in her pajamas. Raph took it as his chance to talk to her on his own and mumbled something about using the bathroom as he stood. He managed to catch her right before she went in her room.

"Hey," Raph said, grabbing hold of her wrist.

(Y/N) flinched at his contact and pulled her arm away. It took Raph by surprise, making him withdraw his hand quickly. The girl before him stared wide-eyed before she rushed to apologize.

"I'm sorry, I was lost in thought." She said quickly. "I wasn't expecting you to follow me."

"It's my fault." Said Raph dismissively. He was too wrapped up in finding out what was wrong he didn't notice the slight drop of her smile when he spoke. "Are you okay?"

(Y/N) was quiet. Raphael already knew the answer he was going to get just by the look in her eyes. "I'm okay." He didn't know why he expected anything different.

"I wanted to talk to you." (Y/N) said, rushing to change the subject. She walked into her room and Raph followed, shutting the door behind him.

"About what?" He questioned, watching her sit on her bed.

She was about to speak, but her confidence visibly faltered. She dropped her gaze to her sheets and began fidgeting with her fingers. "Well, um," (Y/N) met his eyes. "Remember Percy?"

Of course Raph remembered Percy. She had only talked about him one day prior. Besides, he had gone from thinking Percy was an alright guy to thinking he was the worst guy ever since the last time he was mentioned. He spent a really long night repeating what Mikey said and over analyzing things he was sure meant nothing. However, it didn't change the fact that whoever that Percy guy was, Raph didn't like him too well.