Chapter 30

I knocked on Taylor's bedroom door over and over again until I knew she could hear me. It was the morning after the Grammys and I had been starved for details about the night.

"What?" She grumbled from inside.

"Are you decent?" I asked throughout the door after I had stopped my incessant knocking.

"Yes, why?" She replied grouchily and I immediately opened the door and entered the room. I found Taylor and Karlie lying in bed in mismatched pajamas. Taylor was more awake than Karlie because she had to answer to my knocking, but neither of them were fully awake yet, I had obviously just woken them up. I perched myself on the end of the bed and Taylor looked at me with a groggy expression on her makeup stained face.

"Whoa, you guys look like sh-" I said before trailing off. It was true, they looked completely wiped out.

"Is that what you came to say?" Taylor asked in a grouchy tone as Karlie stirred beside her and looked at us through squinty eyes.

"No, how was the Grammys?" I asked impatiently.

"Why did you come in here to ask that at this hour of the morning?" Taylor grumbled, letting her head fall back onto her pillow. Karlie breathed deeply and rolled over onto her side to go to sleep again.

"At this hour? It's noon!" I said in shock. I had been up since 9 o'clock impatiently waiting for Taylor and Karlie to wake up so I could hear all about their night. Watching the show on TV wasn't quite the same as hearing about what happened first hand. And considering how nervous they were before they had left the night before, I had been preparing for something juicy.

"It was fine. We'll tell you about it later. Go back to bed." Taylor said through a yawn while closing her eyes.

"I've been up for three hours." I said incredulously. Still, I got off the bed and reluctantly walked back to the door. I sighed at the sight of the two of them laying there.

"Goodnight." I said in an irritated tone that would have sent Taylor into a rant if she were fully awake. I could almost hear her telling me that was no way to speak to my mother. Instead, I got a weak grunt in response before I shut the bedroom door again. Now I would have to wait another few hours before getting the answers I deserved. It was a tough life.

After an hour of waiting, I finally got out my phone and opened Twitter. I had promised myself that I wouldn't look on social media to see everyone's opinions of Taylor and Karlie at the Grammys, I had wanted to hear about their night first hand. But now I couldn't take it anymore, I typed 'Taylor Swift Grammys' into the search bar and read all the top tweets containing those words.

To my surprise, the first thing I found was a picture of Taylor and Karlie in their second row seats with their lips locked in a kiss. I sat there in shock for a second, not knowing that Taylor was already comfortable with a kiss being caught on camera at their first public appearance together. Before I could scroll on, the door of Taylor's bedroom opened and I saw both Taylor and Karlie step out of the room.

I put my phone down as Taylor walked over to my spot on the couch and sat down beside me. She tugged on my blanket so it would cover her legs as well as mine while Karlie wandered into the kitchen to find coffee.

"So how was it?" I asked, not being able to force myself through small talk first.

"It was really good actually." Taylor said with a smile on her face that I'd missed seeing.

"People were very nice to us and we had a good time." She elaborated.

"Yeah, looks like you had a good time." I said with a smirk.