Chapter 2

Armin's POV

"RIIIINGGGGG...."

I got up to turn off the annoying alarm. Dragging my lifeless body to the washroom, brush my teeth, take a shower. Changing into my school uniform, "Hmm..., it's turning smaller, looks like I'm eating a lot recently.", I chuckled

I walked towards the kitchen, grabbed a piece of bread, take my bag and went out to school.

"Hey, Armin!", a familiar voice called me from behind.

"Hey, Eren!"

"That's rare, you get up early today.", I said.

"Come on, Armin, I have decided to change. I have set up some goals.", he said.

"What goals?

"TO BEAT ARMIN ARLERT AND TAKE HIS SPOT TO BECOME NUMBER ONE!!!!", he shouted towards the sky with confidence.

"Hey, shut it! It's six in the morning, there are people still sleeping!", a random person open his window and scolded us.

"I'm very sorry about that...", I quickly grab Eren and run away to prevent scolded by others.

"I hate you, Eren, I really hate you...", I said as we gasping for air

Few minutes later.

We reached the front gate of our school then realized that Uncle Hannes had been promoted to the head of security guard.

"Wow, uncle Hannes, being promoted huh?", Eren said.

"Since I done a great job so Mr Erwin promote me.", he said. "Oh, by the way, you guys are the first to arrive at school."

"Bye, uncle Hannes!", we said and walked towards our class which located at the ground floor.

"Finally! Our class is at the ground floor!", Eren said and pointed at the canteen and said, "We doesn't need to cramp with those juniors again!"

We entered the class and I sit at the second row, near the windows. Eren is sitting behind me.

As I turned back to talk with Eren, he already fell asleep. *sigh*"Eren, you sleepy head.", I whispered

I leave the classroom to take a walk around the school compound that I missed.

Eren's POV

I slowly drift into my dreams. I wake up at a unfamiliar place, a long, dark corridor with bright light at the end of it. Then I see a some words floats at the end, written "BEAT ARMIN". I ran towards the end of it. As I ran, I felt that the bright light is getting further and further away from me. I kept running and running, no matter what I done, I just can't reach the light. I tripped and fell, watching the light going away, I thought "Is this my destiny?". Darkness started to creep into my soul and.....

"EREN! EREN!", I heard Armin yelled my name.

I quickly wake up from my nightmare and yelled at him "CAN'T YOU WAKE ME UP NICELY!"

Armin looked at me with a despise face.

"Why you look at me like that?", I said

"Eren...."

"Yeah?"

"Please wipe away your saliva...", he said calmly

"Oh Shiiit...."

"Don't worry, no one is around here."

"Please keep this secret from everybody else or I'll kill you.", I said as I stared into Armin's eyes. "By the way, why you call me in such a hurry."

"Oh yeah, you know who is our form teacher?", he said.

"Of course not, who?"

"Your beloved Mr Keith Shadis"

"WHAT! NOT HIM AGAIN!!! HE'S ALREADY MY FORM TEACHER FOR THIRD YEARS STRAIGHT!"

"Well Eren, just accept it because...."

"Because of what?"

"Because this is your destiny.", Armin said it sarcastically.

"Seriously, I want Mrs Hanji Zoe as my form teacher.", I said

"Come on Eren, don't be so cruel to Mr Shadis, he's good though."

"*sigh* Prepare to hear him roast me for a whole year..."

As the outside world became brighter and brighter, students started to enter the school and their class. The class had become crowded, my friends started to arrive. As always, Ymir walked in with Krista, Jean tried to flirt with another girl and get rejected...again, Marco is beside Jean tried to comfort him. Connie came in with a sleepy face and Sasha came in with a boiled potato in her hands.

"Good morning, guys.", Sasha greeted with us.

"Good morning.", I replied

"At last, we made into the elite class, I'm gonna be working hard this year.", Jean said.

"Hey Jean, no matter what you done,you will never beat the duo over there.", Ymir said and pointed at me and Armin.

"Yeah Jean, we have been the same class for three years, you haven't beat me in any subject. You will always fall behind me. A-L-W-A-Y-S" I mocked Jean.

We all laugh loudly except Jean whose face slowly turning red because of anger.

"Fine Eren, I will beat you this year."

"Bring it on.", I said

We continue our talk, entire class are bustling with conversations. I noticed there are some unfamiliar face around. "So this is the elite class huh?", I said inside my mind.

"BANG!"

A loud voice silence the entire class. Our form teacher making his entrance as always.

"OKAY, I'm your form teacher this year. For the students that doesn't know me, my name is Keith Shadis. You can call me Mr Shadis. As your form teacher, this year won't be easy, it's exactly opposite, this is HELL...."

I'm sitting right at my place, listening to Mr Shadis' speech again for the fourth time. I looked towards the window on the other side of the class, then I noticed someone open the door.

"YEAGER! STOP DAY DREAMING! I..., who are you and WHY YOU'RE LATE!", Mr Shadis yelled.

At that time, my mind is completely blank. She is the girl I saw yesterday and now she studied in the same class as mine.

"What's your name?", Mr Shadis asked.

"Mikasa, Mikasa Ackerman."

"Sit next to Eren Yeager.", he said as he pointed at the empty place next to me.

Mikasa's POV

I turned around my head and looked towards the empty place. I picked up my bag and walked then I noticed my desk mate is the guy I met yesterday. Those emerald eyes, brownish hair
I thought "What are the odds of this?".

"Hi.", I said.

"Hi, nice to meet you again.", he replied. "I'm sorry about what happen yesterday..."

"Nah, I don't mind that."

"Thank God, what a sign of relief...", he said as he stretched his back.

"Seriously.", I chuckled.

"Looks like now we are friends, right?", he asked.

"Yeah, we are friends now."