Chapter 4 : Memories

"Hey. Wait up!" shouted a young  skeleton.

He wore A black jacket and a pair of Red Round glasses. He also wore a pink slipper, he must have lost the other half.

"I'd never leave you , Glitchy. "
Said another skeleton in a teasing voice.
He was shorter compared to the first skeleton. He wore a blue winter jacket which was a few sizes to big for him.  He also carried a small notebook filled with doodles.

"Don't call me that, Ink!" said the taller skeleton, clearly annoyed.

Ink giggled, "Okay, Error,".

The both walked till they reached a small garden. It was filled with colours, compared to the empty void.
At the entrance, there was a sign which had 'Ink and Error's Play Area' written on it with crayons.

The two children sat underneath a tree located in the center of the garden.

They didn't seem to notice him. He tried his best to grab their attention, but everything failed. In the end, Ink sat down and observed the two of them

The children laughed at their own jokes and took in the view for a while.

Finally, Error broke the silence "Ink, Do you think,I'm bad?" He asked Ink, he looked like he was about to cry.

"Ink, Do you think....I'm bad?" Error asked Ink, he looked like he was about to cry.

(Little) Ink grabbed Errors hands, "Of course not! Don't let those nightmares get to you," Ink said.

"It's just,they feel so real," Error looks to Ink "What if I kill you?," he broke down  sobbing.

Ink pulled him into a tight hug, "I will  never let that happen,"

"Promise?"

"Promise..."

.
.
.

Ink sat up, his eyes were flooding with tears.

How could he break his promise?

Ink took deep breaths, trying to calm down.  He wiped his tears and observed his surroundings.

Ink was laying on a car shaped bed. The room was filled with things you would typically find in a childs room, Action figures, a race car bed, and even a pirate flag.

The door opened. Blue and Dream walked into the room carrying a bowl of soup and some water.

"INK!" They shouted.

Blue dropped the soup and ran to Ink, trapping him in a hug.

"You're alive!" He exclaimed.
"Y-yup!" Inks voice was still shaky from earlier.

Dream set the water on the bedside table and sat near . "What happened?" Ink asked them.
"When you were blasted into the forest, me and Blue went searching for you. It took us a while. When we found you, we took you to a safe place," Dream explained.

"And my home is the safest place here!" Blue added.

"Thanks guys,", Ink wanted to stand up, but he was blocked by the both of them.

"You need rest!" Dream told him.
"But, Error-"
"We'll take care of him. Just lay down and rest " Blue said.

The two of them got up and left the room, leaving Ink alone.

Ink stared out the window beside the bed. All he could see was death, destruction, and a monster who was his best friend.

Ink got up. He didn't want his friends dying for his safety. After all, he was, No, is the Guardian of the Multiverse and he won't let anything destroy the worlds he has created.