04| Ramé

0 4 

R a m é

(n.) something that is both chaotic and joyful at the same time.

●●● 

Stay close to people who feel like sunlight.

– Arsu Shaikh

●●● 

DOUBLE UPDATE KINDA BECAUSE YA'LL DESERVE IT, MORE UPDATES FOR TOMORROW SO STAY TUNED ILYSM OKAY 

UNEDITED THOUGH BECAUSE IM ON AN ADRENALIN RUSH BECAUSE I'M FINALLY UPDATING WHAT EVEN.

Enjoy,

xoxo

●●● 

Damien felt that James never forgot either.

How both brothers stood by the door with trembling hands and nerve-stricken gazes, watching Aaron carelessly pile his belongings into two suitcases; how James bit the inside of his cheeks to control his tears from trailing down his face, how Damien clenched his fists as he saw his brother pack up his things as though he never even existed.

It dawned on Damien what was actually happening, and he wondered how the three of them got to this – this point of no return.

This point of watching Aaron fold his presence in half before shoving it in his suitcase.

Because Damien knew – he knew – that he was supposed to be doing something – anything – that would stop what was happening; that he was supposed to be saying something – anything – right or wrong, it didn't matter to him anymore because this – this awkward standing-by-the-door watching as Aaron left just felt so, so wrong.

James' cheeks were moist with tears by the time Aaron got to his second suitcase, and Aaron was brave enough to send the little blonde boy smiles every now and then. Damien's headache was intensifying, and just seeing James crack piece by piece right beside him was heart-breaking.

Damien tried to find words to say, he really did, but whenever he thought he found something to say, it would evaporate in the middle of his throat. It was as though a certain numbness settled into his bones, and Damien couldn't care less because Aaron was leaving in an hour, and for once in his life, Damien couldn't do anything to stop it.

He remembered how Aaron tripled over when George was teaching him how to ride a bicycle, and how Damien first instinct was to sprint back to the mansion to grab the first aid kit. He remembered how he knelt beside Aaron and hushed his cries with a mumble of I'm on it Aaron, stop crying already and quickly wrapped the bandage over the gash on Aaron's left knee. He remembered Aaron's sniffles, but the small smile that curled on Aaron's lips was enough to make Damien know that if Aaron ever needed anything, Damien would do it.

And yet when Aaron was packing his things, Damien couldn't seem to find anything to do.

When Aaron was done packing, James didn't even try to hide his sniffles anymore. Aaron's blue eyes were flooded with pain, and he got on his knees and engulfed James in a tight embrace. James then cried quietly in his shoulder.

"Why do you have to leave Aaron?" James choked out through his cries, rubbing away the tears that settled on his jaw and neck.

Aaron looked so pained. "I don't want to leave you James," Aaron said quietly, wiping away the tears on James' cheeks. "You must know that."