tmb 17

Recap:
She stopped laughing abruptly and looked at me, "What was the name of the guy they were talking to?"

"Derek I think, why?"

She looked at me in shock, got up off the bed, and began to pace around the room. "Aspen, were they like jokingly arguing or actually arguing?"

"Actually arguing, why? What's wrong?" I asked, walking over to her. I needed her to calm down cause she wasn't making any sense.

Molly looked at me in shock, "Aspen. Derek is a known drug dealer in this town. He deals for the scariest people alive and if you somehow tick those people off..."

She paused,"They make you pay."

-

I looked at her like her head just gave birth to two more heads. "Mols, there could be more than one Derek. I knew so many back home. Lets see, there was Derek Smith, Derek Wellington, Derek Hale-"

She cut me off, "Well this isn't that big of a town and trust me, theres only one Derek," she paused and frowned, "Wait Derek Hale? Sounds hot."

I nodded, "He was perfection."

She sat on my bed and realized we got off topic, "Ok so back to bad guy Derek. Please tell me he didn't see you or catch your name."

I smiled sheepishly, "Well...."

Molly, exasperated, threw her hands up in the air, "God Aspen! You need to do something about this. No, we, need to do something about this. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you."

"You're over exaggerating," I rolled my eyes, "Nothing's gonna happen to me."

"Trust me, you don't want to get involved with him."

I raised my eyebrows, "Whats so bad about him anyway? Besides the whole working for the mafia thing."

She clicked her tongue, "He doesn't work for the mafia idiot, he works for drug lords."

I looked at her like those weren't exactly the same thing.

"Ok listen, you're hot. And he likes hot girls. So he'll stop at nothing to get you."

"Yeah like thats ever gonna happen. He barely noticed me!"

She still didn't seem to buy it that nothing was gonna happen to me so I added, "And besides, he knows I know the boys and aren't they like arch rivals or something?"

She wasn't even paying attention to me but instead tapping on her chin, deep in thought.

"I got it!" She exclaimed with a smile on her face.

"Got what?" I asked confused.

She grinned, "We have to go talk to those hottie lamottie boys that you can fortunately call your housemates!"

I shook my head, "No, absolutely not."

"We have to! This is the only way."

"No."

"Aspen, we have to. Stop being such a püsšy for once and just do what I ask of you."

"No! I told them I didn't hear anything and they believed me," I crossed my arms and huffed,"I'd like to keep it that way."

"Fine. If you wont, I will." She got off the bed and started walking towards the door.

Before she reached the door, I ran towards her and tackled her to the ground. Wow, those couple of days at the gym really payed off.

We both wrestled, each wanting to be the one on top. Unfortunately, she flipped me over and pinned my hands above my head. We were both breathing loudly from all that unnecessary exercise.

"Aspen, if I let go, you better not stop me." She warned.

"This is such a kinky position."

"Aspen!"

I winked.

Molly had a stern look in her eyes, "I'm serious." Her grip around my wrists slowly loosened.

She cautiously got off of me and started fixing her hair, not removing her eyes from me.

She finally was ready to go tell the boys about what I knew, which could ruin my life might I add.

"Wait Mols," I grab her arm before she could head out the room, "Why are you so fixated on making sure I'm safe from this Derek guy?"

She looked at me, with what looked like a flash of guilt. I raised my eyebrows and she spoke, "He's just not a good guy, okay? Now come on." She grabs my arm and pulls me along with her.

I try to take her hand off of me but the girls got a strong grip. No wonder we're friends.

"MASON, SAWYER, CHARLIE! ANYBODY HOME?" She screams out. I'm pretty sure aliens living on Jupiter probably heard this woman scream.

I attempt to cover my ears, "Jesus woman, ever heard of respecting others' ears?"

Charlie pops out his head from his room. "You called?"

Molly nodded her head, "We need to talk. Wheres the rest of you beautiful human beings?"

Charlie chuckled, "Elsewhere. What's this about?"

She looked at me for a brief moment before looking back at Charlie. "Derek." Her voice was stern; as serious as I've ever heard her.

Charlies eyes bulged out but that reaction was instantly replaced with a look of anger. His eyebrows furrowed while his eyes squinted, "What about him?"

Molly gave him a look which for sure held some kind of meaning that I didn't understand. "We need to talk about him... and Aspen."

He looked over at me, as though he didn't notice me there the whole time. He then looked back at her and I noticed the two were giving each other a very serious look, as though they were communicating through some sort of mind link. Looking back and forth between the two, I realized something.

They're keeping something from me and I intend to get to the bottom of it.

———
Hi beautiful human beings! Did ya miss me?

Even if you haven't, I've missed you soooooo much hehe.

Its been so rough these past couple of months so I'm extremely sorry for being away and keeping this book on hold. It may still remain on hold but I wanted to post something since its been awhile.

I still hold this book very close to my heart and I cant wait till I'm able to sit down and finally write the way you guys want!

Thank you so much for reading and showing me love, it really means a lot. HUGS FOR ALL!! COME TO MOMMA *opens arms*

x