Chapter 1: The Invite

Your POV

I was painting myself (f/c) and my hair (s/f/c). Nobody knows that I'm grey. If they did, they would think I didn't have a heart. I do, but my happiness never wants to roam my body. The only other troll that's just like me. . .is Branch.

He's grey too, but doesn't cover up like I do. The other trolls call him a party pooper. It makes me sad, but Branch is never affected by their comments. I always leave him pretty and funny pictures that I make for him with Poppy. Why? Because I care about him a lot.

After I finish, I hide my paints under my bed and look in the mirror. I looked normal, but my eyes were grey, not (f/c). Nobody notices though. I walk outside to see everyone singing "Everybody".

"Everybody!" I sang, "Shake your hair and feel united!"

"(Y/n)!" Poppy smiled, "You came out!"

"Why wouldn't I?" I nervously smiled.

"You're always cooped up in that house of yours. Don't tell us you're becoming another Branch." Cooper explained.

Branch was their way of saying "A negative party pooper".

"No of course not. I've just been busy." I lied.

"Great! So are you coming to the party tonight?" Poppy asked.

"Uh-yeah! Totally!" I smiled nervously.

"Great! See you there munchkin!" Creek said pinching my cheek.

They walks away and I touch my cheek. I look at my hand and gasp, the paint was coming off. I run back to my house to put on another coat.

Branch's POV 

I look out my window too see (y/n), Poppy, Cooper, and Creek talking. It looked like Poppy asked her if she was going to the party. I think she said yes, because Creek smiled and pinched her cheek. A hint of anger and jealousy hit me. Wait, what?

Do I like (y/n)? I couldn't. She's a beautiful and colorful troll with the prettiest dress full of happiness. And I'm just a grey troll with a negative attitude. I look at my wall, it had every picture she made for me.

They always made me smile at the end of the day. I smile as I look at them, there was 300 all together. My favorite was the one of us hugging under a rainbow. But the sad thing is, I have never hugged her. I frown as I turn back to the window.

(Y/n) was running back to her house. I might as well go over and chat with her. After all, I visit her once a day.

Your POV

I push the paint under my bed and sigh.

"That was close."

Someone knocks on my door and I slightly jump. I open it to see Branch.

"Hey Branch." I smiled.

"Hey (y/n). May I come in?" He asked.

"Sure." I answered.

He comes in and we sit down at the table.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"Good as usual. You?"

"Still keeping an eye out for those Bergens. They could be anywhere." He answered.

"Yeah. It's been 20 years since we escaped them." I replied.

"(Y/n) please don't tell me you're going to that party tonight." He said.

"Alright I won't." I said.

"You're going aren't you?"

"Maybe."

"(Y/n)." He sighed, " The Bergens will come and eat you."

"Branch I told them I'd go. I can't turn back." I explained.

"Yes you can. Call in sick and bunk with me." He replied.

"Branch for the first time in a week, I've gone outside to be apart of the world. They've grown suspicious." I replied back.

"Suspicious of what? So you wanna spend time alone, they can't stop you." He explained.

"But their words can." I whispered turning away from him.

"What?" He asked.

He lifts my chin up, "(Y/n) you're my best friend and I don't want to lose you the same way I lost my grandma. If you're going to that party, then all I ask is that. . .you be careful." 

I smile softly, "I will."

He softly smiles back, "If you need me, you know where to find me."

And with that said, he left.

(A/n): Heyyoooo! First chap is done! If you liked it, plz vote and comment below. And spread the news about this book! More peeps=more reads, votes, & comments. Also check out my profile to learn about me! <3 ;)