Chapter 7: Painful Memories

Your POV

Branch and I sneak into the castle. I look around for my friends.

"(Y/n) be careful." Branch whispered.

I walk on the carpet. Branch gasped and grabbed me. King Gristle walks by and Branch gives me a really look. I nervously smile and put my hands up.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" He asked.

I frown and look at the floor. He sighs and wraps his arm around me. He stretches his hair out to the wall lamp. We land on the lamp and look around. My hug time alarm goes off.

"Hug time?" Branch asked.

"Shhh." I said.

More hug time alarms go off and I run to the dining room. Branch runs after me worried that I might be eaten. I stretch my hair out to the chandelier and raise myself up. Branch doe the same. I look down and see Poppy and the others in a cage.

"There they are!" I smiled.

"(Y/n) don't be too quick because there are Bergens everywhere." Branch said.

Some girl bergen starts rolling them away.

"They're getting away." I said jumping on the bergen's back.

Branch follows me and we end up in the bergen's room. Branch and I hop down and hide. She puts the cage in the corner and hugs a pillow. The pillow had king Gristle's face taped on it.

"Aw she's in love with the king." I said.

"So?" Branch asked.

"It's cute." I answered.

She falls asleep and I run to the cage.

"Poppy!" I whispered.

"(Y/n)!" She smiled.

"Celebration time come on!" They sang.

"Guys be quiet!" Branch hushed them.

They groan.

"Why did you have to bring Branch? He's such a branch." Satin rolled her eyes.

"He actually found me-"

"I came along because I'm her best friend and always look out for her." Branch answered crossing his arms.

I grab scissors and open the lock to set them free.

"I never knew a branch could have friends." Cooper said.

Branch growls under his breath and I place my hand on his shoulder. We hear groaning.

"Hey what do you think you're going??" The girl bergen asked.

"RUN!" Poppy yelled.

We scatter all around the room. I hide under the bed and hug my knees.

"Bridget! You love the king, right?" Poppy asked.

I come out of hiding and look at Poppy. She was pointing at pictures of Bridget and King Gristle tapped on the wall.

"Um. . .maybe." Bridget answered.

"If you help us get Creek, we'll get you a date with the king. What do ya say?" Poppy replied.

"Let's do it?" Bridget asked.

"Yay!" Everyone yelled (not Branch or you).

They start singing, "When you look in the mirror let it disappear all your insecurities-"

"Wait!" Bridget yelled, "Why aren't these 2 singing?"

"Oh he's a branch. But (y/n) why aren't you singing?" Chenille asked.

"I don't feel like it." I said climbing to the window.

"But you always feel like singing." Guy Diamond replied.

Poppy climbs to the window, "You've made excuses for not singing lately. It's not like you."

"Poppy leave her alone!" Branch yelled, "You guys make her sing and dance by calling her a branch! She doesn't always wanna sing!"

"(Y/n) it's just not like you! Why won't you sing?" Poppy asked.

"Because singing reminds me of my dead family okay!" I yelled with anger, "Leave me alone."

Everyone gasps as I sit in the corner. I forgot that I never told Branch this side of me. Poppy sits in front of me.

"How did your family die?" She answered.

"Bergens." I answered.

~Memory~

Little (y/n) was singing (f/s) while her parents were folding clothes and her big brother, Josh, was playing with his buddies. A bergen walks over to (y/n) about to grab her. Her parents saw the Bergen and shoved (y/n) out of the way. The Bergen takes her parents and stomps away.

"Mom! Dad!" She cried.

Josh runs over to her and comforts her. Years later, all the trolls were running away. Josh was running with (y/n) in his arms. A Bergen was catching up to them and Josh gasped. He throws (y/n) forward as the Bergen picks him up.

"JOSH!" She screamed.

"(Y/N)!" He screamed back reaching for her.

"Don't look! Follow King Peppy!" He yelled.

But (y/n) didn't listen. The Bergen eats Josh and (y/n)'s jaw drops. She was frozen in fear. King Peppy picks her up and runs away from the bergens.

"JOSH!"

~Memory Over~

(pretend it says her/she)

I hold up the strand of Josh'd red hair, "This is all I have left of my brother, including his horrifying death I witnessed. He didn't even say I love you sis."

Poppy, Cooper, Biggie, DJ Suki, Guy Diamond, Chenille, Satin, and Bridget wrap me in a group hug. I smile and hug back as tears roll down my cheeks.

Branch's POV

Everyone group hugs (y/n) while I stand there, speechless. (Y/n) never told me about this, and I told her about my grandma! I can't believe this. . .we're best friends! Everyone lets go of (y/n) and I see more bruises on her. Something's happening to her, and I need to find out.