Chapter 3: Leaving the Village

(A/n): Don't play the vid until I say so!

Your POV

I was packing my backpack to head out to find Poppy and the others. I can't just live my life knowing that my friend risked her life for me when it was my fault. I pack a blanket, paint, (f/f), my guitar, and a picture of me and Branch. I take a deep breath and open the door. I walk to King Peppy.

"King Peppy, I'm off to save Poppy and the others."

"Oh thank you (y/n). I wish you good luck. I know you'll succeed at saving them." He replied.

Or die trying.

"I will." I replied with a smile.

I walk to Branch's door. I raise my hand to knock, but stop myself. If I tell Branch, what will do? I can't let him come with me. It's too risky. I sigh and set down a picture I made for him.

. . .Maybe the very last one.

I take one last look at his house and set off.

~Hours Later~

I was walking in the woods just looking around. I see something that catches my eye. I pick up a strand of red hair. My mind clicks.

"(Y/N)!"

I hold the piece of hair and cry. I hated that memory so bad. I cried so hard, that the paint melted off my body. The sun started to set, so I set up camp. I grab my guitar and start playing. (Play vid and ignore Branch for now)

Hello darkness my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping 
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound. . .of silence

I put up my guitar and stare off into the stars. I soon fall asleep.

~Dream~

I made it to Bergentown and into the castle. I find Poppy and the others in a cage.

"Guys I found you!" I smiled.

They gasp.

"(Y/n) is that really you?" Guy Diamond asked.

"Yeah it's me what are you talking about?" I asked them.

They looked at my like I had 5 heads. I look at my hand and gasp. I never repainted myself. . .I was grey.

"She's grey!" Satin and Chenille yelled.

"She's a branch!" Cooper yelled.

"I can't believe I risked my life for a branch." Poppy huffed.

They turn their backs on me. Chef picks me up and eats me.

"Ahhh!"

~Dream Over~

I wake up breathing heavily. I open my paint and start painting myself. I can't let anyone know that I'm a branch.