three

*January 3rd 2016*

*January 3rd 2016*

"He asked you out," Lila yelled. "As in like to a party?"

I just nodded my head. Having been her best friend for this long I know that she is going to be very loud throughout this entire conversation.

"Oh my god what are you going to wear? Please let me help you get ready,"

"Okay" is all I said to get her to shut up. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and started to text Luke's number

Rena: Hey Luke, it's Rena

I typed quickly and slipped my phone back into the back pocket of my jeans.

"You know I can tell when you're shutting me out, right?" Lila spoke again.

"Yeah yeah, so I was thinking maybe my long white dress and some heels?"

"Oh my god, no child. You are wearing exactly what I say no arguing, Got it?"

I nodded my head quickly. Usually I would try to fight her on it, but Luke was a different guy maybe I could be a little different.

She dragged me to her closet seeing as though all my clothes are, for lack of better words boring.

"Okay I am going to respect your weird penacostalness and pick out a relatively modest dress,"

"First of all I am catholic and Second of all I don't think penocostalness is a word," Rena giggled

"Anyway, how is this?" Lila held up a simple beige button down dress with spaghetti straps. It was for the most part modest, except for it being just a little tight in the bust area. Rena knew that it was not going to get much better than this

"I guess it will do,"

Lila smiled one of her big smiles. Rena has known Lila for her whole life. Best friends since kindergarten, it's a miracle though. Lila is the complete opposite of Rena. She is a flawless latina. Meaning her family throws the 'puta' word around like it's nothing. Rena had been to many family dinners where Lila's mom made her famous chile relleno, but the dinner ended with someone getting their face smashed in the tres leche cake. That was one of her favorite memories with Lila. She knew they would be best friends because they evened each other out. If Lila needed a tightening of the reins, Rena was there and if Rena needed to let loose, Lila was there. It worked really well.

Rena felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

Luke: Hello Rena

She smiled at her phone giddily and started to type a quick response.

Rena: whatcha up to?

She immediately saw the bubble pop up that meant Luke was typing.

Luke: Well I just got home from work and am about to get in the shower. How about you, love?