four

*pictured Ryan Land*

*January 10th 2016*

It's been one week. One week since the awkward party. Rena had been trying to avoid Luke, to no avail though. He had been texting her all week and she felt as though something was about to happen. He had been threatening to come see her in person, but not once had he followed through.

Her doorbell rang pulling her out of her thoughts. She furrowed her brows, she wasn't expecting any packages. She pulled the door open, only to reveal the delivery guy holding a bouquet of yellow roses with a bit of red on the edging of the petals.

It was one of the things they awkwardly talked about when he was taking her home from that dreadful party. He had remembered.

"Ma'am, are you Rena Smith?"

"Yes, thank you very much," Rena took the flowers from him and signed the form saying that she had in fact received them. She shut the door and placed the flowers on the kitchen counter. She searched the stems for a note or something to indicate who they had come from. After a couple of thorn pricks she found it hiding in plain sight.

"Hello Rena, Nice to see you got my flowers they're your favourite. Now respond to my messages love- XX Luke Hemmings"

If he kept it up with these stupid pet names, they were going to have an issue.

"Rena, let's go to the club tonight, yeah?" Lila finally came out of her room. Rena contemplated for a moment. It would be a sure way to get Luke off of her mind, it could be nice.

"Okay,"

"Wait that easy, there has to be a catch. What do you want?"

"Make me look hot. That's it," She smiled at her shocked best friend.

"I do have to go to work for a while though. I will see you when I get home."

Rena left the apartment, she had been surprised with her response to Lila too. God only knows what she will pick out for her to wear, but what's done is done. She could no longer change her mind, so she put in her earbuds playing non-explicit songs by The Neighbourhood and walked happily to work.

"Hey Ren," her usual coworker called from behind the counter as soon as she walked in. She was sure that he had a crush on her or something.

"We have been just a little bit busy today so I think I am going to stick around just until you're good. Is that okay?"

"Yes Ryan, perfectly fine, thanks," Rena felt kind of bad for Ryan. She knew he had a crush on her and yes he was attractive like really attractive, but Luke had taken over her thoughts. But Luke wasn't here and he was kind of annoying her, so....