Hidden Life Ch 3

Ch 3

Amber's P.O.V

I looked all over for Matt. I finally saw him standing at the door gaping at me. I smirked. I walked down the stairs, cameras were flashig brightly. I walked slowly to my escort, Jake. He had blond that was beautiful, deep blue sapphire eyes, had a nice muscular build. I welcomed all Jake's guest. I had been invited to the party of the century and Matt was still staring at me I could feel his eyes roaming my body. The DJ put on some hip-hop and everyone grabbed a partner and danced. I ran over to Matt and asked "Wanna dance?"

He looked suprised like he was gonna pass out. He nodded.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him on the dance floor. I danced and he stood there nervously grinning at me like an idiot."Isn't that guy you were with gonna be jealous your dancing with me?" he said.

"Do you even recognize me?" I asked. He kept nevously running his fingers throught his hair.

"Umm no?" He made hi answer sound like a question.

I giggled." I told you at school to come here, remember? I look different now don't I?"

His eyes widdened and bulged out of his head. "Nerd girl?"

"That's not very nice" I replied.

"Who are you? Why is eveyone taking pictures?Why are you at this party at a mansion?Are you rich?" He pumbled me with questions.

"Whoa one at a time please."

"What is going on?" He asked.

I took him to the garden and sat him down."Remember Florida?"

"yea"He said

"Well remember the dog you found and the girl you kissed after?"

"You're the girl?It was a dare, kiss and run. I ment nothing.

Ouch, that hurt. I thought I was in love when he stole a kiss.I felt like my heart was bleeding. "Oh ah I um knew it didn't mean any thing."

"My turn, answer my question. What is going on?"

Flash Back/ Explaining

That dirtbag I thought early in the morning. I was taking a walk fuming. I HATE HIM!!! A very handsome boy came walking my way. He had dirty blond shaggy hair. He was cute but not as cute as Matt. "Hey, what's wrong?"Wait, is he talking to me?I'm in my nerd clothes and looking really dorky. Am I still daydreaming?

"Ummm nothing." I stuttered

"You sure? You seemed pretty upset a minute ago."

What is wrong with him?"Just this boy."

"Oh, boy troubles"

"Yeah"

"How about I give you a makeover so you could break this boy's heart?"

"Really?" A free make over? It wouldn't hurt to get one.

"Come with me to my mom's salon."

"Ok"

We entered an upbeat salon called Betty's Salon." Hey son!" A women about in her mid thirties called. She looke slightly like her son. She was really pretty.

"Mom, do you have time?Can we give her a makeover?"

"Sure. Sweetie come here" She called over to me.

I walked over to the boy's mom."I'm Betty, so you met my son Jake?"

"Yep"

"How old are you?" she asked as she pulled me over to the salon chair.

"I just turned thirteen"

"Jake here is 14

"Mom I'm almost 15"

I giggled.Betty washed my hair and gave me a beautiful hair cut that framed my face. She added light brown highlights that looked beautiful against my dark hair. Betty also put on make up for me and gave me contacts. The make up was light but it made my eyes look bigger and my lips had a light shine to it. She dressed me in a mid-thigh off the sholder dress that was the color of Jake's eyes, sapphire.

Jake stared at me he walked around a circle around me."Niiice"

I blushed. He took a camera out and started snapping pictures."What are you doing?" I asked

"I'm gonna be a photographer when I'm older, you're my model."

We went outside and he snapped more photos.

A week later he called me and said his photos of me had been accepted in a magazine.I had a ton of calls coming infrom agencies.My dadaccepted because he wanted money. And soon enough I was featured in a ton of magazines. All the photos were taken by Jake. I wanted to be normal so I wore a wig to school and dressed up like a nerd. No one payed attention to me and they suspected nothing.I lived my night life as a model.

Flashback/ explanation over

"So you got famous just because I kissed you and you got mad?" I nodded.

"Well then I should get some profit."

"What?" This boy is an IDIOT.

"Some moola for getting you famous."

I turned and walked away getting pissed off.

"Wait, wait, I was kidding."He said catching up to me.

"Can we be friends?I'm at a new school and I want a friend."he pleaded. Under his breath I heard him say "especially hot model friends"

I scoffed and said "Fine Go home now the party is over for you."

He walked away smiling. "See ya at school tomorrow" he called. That was the start of our frieandship.