EL | Loyalty - 06

"Tell me who you're loyal to

"Tell me who you're loyal to."
~Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna

           A week had passed but Rosè and Kai's last encounter was still on his mind. In a way, he felt a bit betrayed and it wasn't settling in that they weren't really together anymore. However, that little slap in the face woke him up and now he could gladly move on.

Kai had purchased his business name, trademarking it, and he and his father had been checking out a couple shops and finally made a decision. Now, he was out with a girl he had been talking to for a couple days named Lotus.

The woman was both beautiful and intelligent. When Dash asked if he was single then proceeded to hook him up with her friend from the radio show, Kai didn't know that she would turn out to be like Lotus.

Dash seemed old school and like one of those all natural voodoo queens that swore to hate all man, the highest of the high in feminism. He figured that her friends would reflect off who she was. Instead, she had Lotus— looks of a instagram model, mind of a poet, and mouth of thousand geniuses.

Lotus was a chocolate girl with curly red hair and a thick, hourglass frame that men could only dream of having on their arm. From the moment they were formally introduced, Kai knew he couldn't let her slip away. Standing her beside Rosè, there was no comparison. Lotus was definitely the top pick for most men and Kai wasn't excluded in this case but he would always have a spot in his arms for Rosè.

"Okay so put the whip cream on top of that then eat it. I promise you, you're gonna love it." Lotus said, smiling at him as she watched him spread whip cream over the caramel apple. "Come on, you gonna work it right off anyway."

Kai chuckled, nodding his head. "Alright, alright." He agreed before taking a big bite out of the apple. He scrunched his face up, looking at her as she waited for a real reaction.

"It's nasty?" She asked, bursting into laughter. "For real? You don't like it?"

"See, I'm down to try new things but that... never again, bro." Kai told her, laughing wholeheartedly. "I don't even see how you like it for real."

Lotus rolled her eyes before biting into the apple on the opposite end. "It's good to me." She replied with a shrug.

They were at some restaurant in Ponchatula for breakfast even though it was obviously lunch time. It was bright and had to be about eighty degrees in the spring, April air as they ate outside at the tables with cocktails and mountains of breakfast food— bacon, hash brown, eggs sprinkled with pepper, pancakes buttered on each row as they climbed three high, and sausages. Lotus brought some candy apples because she had been trying to get Kai to try it since the had met.