EL| See you next time - 27

"Old flames still burn out

"Old flames still burn out."
~ unknown

Zaida sipped from the wine glass that Stephon handed to her. After a small chat with Noelle, who was now in Rehabilitation, she decided to catch up with an old friend she also had a small bond with. Though they still weren't on the greatest terms he still invited her over and gave a shoulder for her to cry on.

"I'm sorry for coming over here and just... taking up your space and shit. I just needed someone to talk to whose time wasn't limited." Zaida said once she put the cup back on the table.

Stephon chuckled, shaking his head. "Should've stuck with your bisexual friend, at least he wouldn't have–"

"And that is my cue." Zaida cut him off, clasping her hands together. "Thank you for the hospitality but I have to go, especially before your girl gets here."

His chuckled evolved into a full on laugh as he watched her get up. "No problem." He replied, shaking his head. "But look, don't go to hard on yourself. Save all that energy for his ass."

Zaida nodded. "Yeah, whatever. Thanks, again. I really mean it." She told him as she grabbed her purse and headed to the door. "Feel free to hit me up if you need to since Kai all busy with Rosè ass."

Stephon laughed. "I ain't trippin' too much. We grown and busy as hell, when we talk, we talk."

Again, she nodded before opening the door and walking out. She gave a wave to him as she made her way to the car and got in. It seemed like as soon she got inside her phone started ringing inside her purse. She picked inside, grabbing it before staring at the caller ID.

She had been ignoring Greg all day since learning the news about the baby but now, after being a little tipsy, she felt bold enough to actually answer. "What?" She answered.

"What you mean what, girl? I been calling you all day." He replied, an attitude in his voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I been busy, that's all." She told him. "Talked to your girl, Amora, today. Mm, she had some information for me too."

She started the car up, feeling amused by the silence on the other end of the phone. He was hesitating and probably trying to think up a lie.

"Don't even thinking about lying to me. She told me about everything, even up to three days ago. Actually, she has told me some shit that you might wanna hit her up about like the fact that she's pregnant." She chuckled lightly. "You know I was mad at first but the sex was amazing, Gregory. I'm glad I got it before just leaving your ass. Whatever though."

"Hold on, Zai—"

"Shut up. Go worry about your babymama drama." She spat out before hanging up.

    It was never hard for Zaida to leave someone and it didn't matter how long they had been together either. She felt that as soon as something that risked their whole relationship happened, the value of their bond died. She still loved Greg just like she still loved Jason but that was a plant she was no longer going to water. They both decided to cheat and they both got left. It wasn't worth it to Zaida.