RUNNING//Chapter 1

Sam's POV

---------------

It was the day before my first day of senior year. I was sitting on my porch eating a freezer burnt ice pop that still tasted like it advertised, strawberry. I smiled to myself taking in the fact that I'm almost done with high school.

"Hey Sammy!" My step-sister was the only one who was allowed to call me that, it sounded weird coming out of others mouths. I never really had a lot of friends but Myra was always there for me. I preferred not having a lot, less drama in my life comes with less friends. Myra is my step-mother's daughter, same age as me btw. My real mom lives miles from here and I usually  see her on Christmas.

"What do you wanna do on our last day of bliss?"

I sighed and threw my ice pop into the street, not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. "Maybe go to the mines?" Myra and I used to go all the time but ever since the Power Rovers defeated the gold monster thing everyone has advised us not to go saying it was 'the root of the town being destroyed'.

I turned to a wide eyed Myra. "EVERYONE, has said to never go! it has been 5 months and Angel Grove is still rebuilding! Do you not realize how much danger it could be?" I let out an empty laugh, "isn't that why we went in the first place?"

------------

It was almost 6pm when I decided, FUCK IT! I miss the mines and the big rocks I would find.

I knocked on Myra's door as I tied my shoelace to my Pumas. "Are you really going to the mines? I told you-"

"You are not the only one that told me so don't feel special. This is your last chance to take the wonderful opportunity to adventure with me once again"

Myra gave me a 'I am so done with you' stare and bit her lip. "No I will not go-" causing a loud sigh and a fuck to come from my mouth "but I will give you my flashlight and my mother's knife!"

I rolled my eyes knowing there is no reason for a knife but grabbed it from her anyway and left the house. The sun was still bright but it was easy to get into the mines.

"Hey there Rosario" My neighbor Kim waved. I nodded and smiled. "Where are you going?" Kim was friendly but never really engaged in a conversation. She stepped over to my lawn and kept her hands in her jean pockets. "Um, if I'm being honest, the mines'"

She shook her head causing me another roll of the eyes and to start walking away knowing her next sentence.

I was about to cross the street when Kim spoke. "Let me come with! I know that place like the back of my hand and I miss going" I turned around and tilted my head. "Ok, fine . The more the merrier!"

----------------------

so hi  this is the author hoping you liked this