TICK TOCK//Part 4

I gulped at the mention of my eyes and their sudden weird appearance. "I got contacts. What does this have to do with the person you're looking for?"

Kimberly rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. "Oh, nothing-" "So then don't bring it up"

We stared in awkward silence for a while before she offered me an apple. I took the snack and thanked her. "If they're those new colored contacts, where'd you get them. I totally want a pair!" Kim smirked and took a bite of her apple. "Um, it is called coloredeyes.com" I tried saying confidently. Kim got closer to me causing me to tense up. I felt my thumb make a hole in the apple. That is new. Kim looked at the apple. "Show me the site then"

"No, I told you to stop bringing it up" At this point my thumb was halfway through the apple.

"I'm not gonna stop bringing up your freaky eyes Samantha!" Kim practically shouted but jumped up when the apple exploded onto the counter and the floor. I felt my face heat up with angry as I began cleaning up the mess. "Sam, do you feel powerful?" Kim asked as she ran  to my bookbag and rummaged.

"Kim! Stop touching my shit! You are so ru-" I stopped when she picked up the green coin that nearly killed me. "Put that thing down, it is dangerous"

"Jesus Sam! Your eyes could light up a city!"

I looked into my phone and noticed how my eyes were getting brighter. "You're it! Oh thank god it's not some greedy bastard that could kill us!"

"Are we suddenly playing tag? What do you mean it? And why would I fucking kill you?" Kim stopped bouncing around and gave me the coin. I backed away not wanting it to contact with me. "Sam, take the coin!" She shoved it in my face more but I got around her, grabbed my bookbag and ran home.

---------------

"YO, KIDS! DINNER TIME" My step-mother called out. I sighed and got up still thinking about what Kim said. Am I the clown IT? Is there a clown cult?

I stepped off the bottom step and everything seem to go in slow motion. I was aware of every sound and my breathing was so loud.  I heard the 'tick, tock' of the clock on the wall and I heard the metal of the coin crash as it was throw through my fucking window. I tried to not make direct eye contact as I stared at my family.

I ran to where the coin had landed and hesitated picking it up. "What in heavens? Was it a brick? Myra did you make an enemie already?" Stacey asked as my dad picked up the glass. "No mom!"

Stacey started walking towards me and something told me she can't see the coin. I swiftly picked it up, preparing myself to loose all air in my lungs but when nothing happened I smiled. The powerful aura around all day seemed to be in full force right now.

My dad asked if I was alright and I shook my head.

I ran out of the house and to Kim's.

I knocked on the door frantically and Mrs. Hart answered it. "Sam?"

"Yea, can I speak to Kim?"