Chapter Six - The Because I Say So Argument *Annabeth* Part II

A/N: Anyone seen the new Russell Crowe movie Noah? I've heard it's supposed to be a bit of a mess and not very good, but the trailer looks kind of cool. I was considering going to see it now but I think I'll just wait for the DVD release instead.

Enjoy!

Six

-The Because I Say So Argument-

Part II

*Annabeth*

//

“Hey,“ Don’s voice said suddenly, making me spin around.

  “What are you doing in my room?” I cried, too pissed off and frankly too tired to deal with him. “Get out.”

 “Relax Annie,” Don said smiling. “I’ve come with a proposition.”

//

“I don’t want to hear it,” I growled at him. “Get out of her you fu-”

“Careful,” he said, eyes narrowing. “I’m not here to make trouble. I’m here to help you out. If you’ll let me. If you’ll listen to my proposition.”

“You want me to listen?” I said crossing my arms over my chest. “I want you to GET OUT.”

Don smiled wider and walked over to my bed, touching -Bobby- a green elephant I still kept on my bed even though it had been a long time since I actually had played or otherwise needed a stuffed animal to make me happy.

“It’s cute how you still keep this around,” Don said. I walked over and snatched Bobby from him.

Something in Don’s expression right then made me realize I wasn’t going to get rid of him until I’d heard whatever he had come here to say.“What you want then?” I asked with a sigh, hugging the stuffed animal.

Don headed over to my desk and sat down on the pink swivel chair I’d had since I was ten. “Your werewolf-boy seems okay I guess.”

Surprised, since that hadn’t been what I’d expected Don to say at all, I put Bobby down on the bed and walked over to Don. “You talked to him? He’s awake?”

“He was for a while in the truck on the way over,” Don said casually. “Ink had some morphine we doped him up with which I guess calmed his wolf down. He even said he was sorry.”

“He said he was sorry? You were the one that fucking shot him,” I said venomously. “You should be the one saying sorry to him. And to me for shooting my…” I wasn’t sure what Ryan was to me so I lamely said, “...my friend.”

Don stood, his neck a little red. “I shot him because he was out of control. And I would do it again, even if it means you’ll stay pissed at me forever.”

“Whatever,” I said turning my back to him and walking over to the window. It was looking a little like it might storm tonight and I was beginning to wonder if I shouldn’t be happy Ryan was somewhere warm and safe for the night. Even if he did have to get shot for it to happen.