Prologue

Note: Chapter Five onwards has been taken out due to copyright reasons as this book is officially published as of December 23rd 2015. The entire book is available for order on Amazon.

"Paris is overrated."

That sentence ended with me getting a pillow cushion thrown at face.

At least it wasn't the book she had in her hand.

"It's the city of love, Dare." Hayley says, "What more can you want?"

"If it was the city of anything else I might consider it." I reply.

"You and your anti-love attitude." Hayley sighs as she flips through a book titled What to Do in Paris When You Arrive. I take a few steps back, hoping when she throws the book because of my next words, it misses me.

"Honestly I'm just being rational," I say, "Love is simply a rush of a lot of hormones-"

She throws the book before I can complete my sentence but it misses me by a good two feet.

Thank God. I mean getting hit by an eight hundred page book would leave a bruise. Yup you heard me. Eight hundred pages of what to do in Paris and there is an entire chapter dedicated to foot massages.

Yes, it is as lame as it sounds.

"Come on Dare." Hayley whines looking at me with her big brown eyes, "This is our last summer before college and we had made a pact ever since we were twelve that we would go on a road trip through the breathtaking European country side. So stop being a piss off and choose a country."

I roll my eyes, "It's not that easy," I say, "I mean there are a lot of factors in-"

"You rejected Spain because you don't like salsa." She interrupts, "And I'm pretty sure salsa is from Mexico."

"It's not." I retort hurt that she would ever question my knowledge when it came to food.

"I don't care." Hayley says, "You are going to pick a country now and we are going to go there and have the time of our lives."

"But-" I say helplessly.

"I want to watch the new episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. I need to see if Khloe and Lamar make it." She says, "Which means you have to pick right now."

I scan the desk in front of us which is covered with just about every Lonely Planet book on every possible country in Europe.

This is hopeless; maybe we should just go to France.

But just then by some sort of miracle my eye lands on a Lonely Planet book on the ground which the both of us had failed to scan through.

Its perfect.

I turn the book around to show Hayley the title and she rewards me with a grin.

"Italy here we come."