Chapter Four

The next day I dejectedly sat in the car with my backpack on my lap.

Despite my purse being stolen I still had all my clothes in my backpack. Well, it wasn't much but it was something to be happy about.

I mean it could have been worse when if all my clothes had been stolen and I was stuck with the same stinky clothes.

And then if it rained....

Well my situation was not that bad. I mean Blake had an attitude but it wasn't his fault I was a nosy bum.

Plus he was extremely easy on the eyes.

After we checked into a hotel Blake had become a true gentleman and had slept on the couch in the room and insisted that he payed for the room.

I slept suprisingly well considering all that had happened in the span of one day.

But in the morning sheer disappointment washed over me abd the very thought of going back and seeing Dave and Hayley all lovey dovey was enough to make me want to hide under my covers and never come back out.

It wasn't that I had a problem with them. It was that I was completley and totally jealous of them.

It was pathetic I know but this tri was to give me a break from all of this. Seeing Dave and Hayley in love just rubbed it in my face that I would never get a shot at it thanks to my parents.

Blake was in the reception as I sat in the car and mulled over my broken hopes that were like once bright stars that were being sucked into a giant black hole of despair.

I was still lost in thought when Blake started the car. In fact, I only snapped out of my trance when he stopped the car in front of the majestic palace we had seen yesterday.

"What?" I say confused looking at Blake who was getting out of the car and handing his keys to valet.

I hastily get out of the car and look at Blake who looks like a model in his tight black t-shirt. His abs even put the statues of the greek gods to shame and that was saying something.

"We were here so might as well finish sightseeing." He says looking at me through his dark Ray Ban glasses.

I nod almost too happily and follow him as he buys the tickets.

I do argue with him after all I did have some money but he simply said,"I'm British not American hence I actually know the word chivalry."

Well I couldn't say no after he pulled the chivalry card on me now could I?

Whatever said and done it was fun. It took us about an hour to see everything including the part where I almost fell in the waterway and Blake caught me in the last moment and ended up falling on the ground with me on top of him grumbling if I was always this clumsy.

But it was fun.

After the entire incident where my purse got stolen I didn't think I would utter the word fun but thanks to Blake who suprisingly knew a lot about the palace acted as my unofficial tour guide and for once gave me a taste of what a real holiday would be like.

But it came to an end and I found myself back in his car speeding away from the beautiful town.

"Thank you." I say smiling looking at Blake whose eyes were focused on the road.

He simply grunted and I simply smiled and tucked my head into a comfortable position as I put on my earphones and blasted music through them.

Despite Blake's macho appearance he was extremely nice. Nothing had forced him to take me the nosy little prick who got herself lost, to the palace but he did. I never did expect him to agree to my proposition that I had placed in front of him yesterday afterall I was more or less a stranger to him and he was simply trapped with me because of his cousin.

I don't know when I fell asleep but it happened eventually as my mind slowly shut down in tune to beat of the song that was currently playing.

I woke up to the sound of ACDC.

Trust me there songs were brilliant but waking up just as they started the chorus to Highway to Hell was enough to give anyone a headache.

I ripped the cords of the earphones out of my ears just in time for me to make sure that I wouldn't be permanently deaf.

"You talk in your sleep."

My mouth falls open and he simply chuckles.

"W-What did I say?" I stammer out.

"Nothing really." He replies with an amused smile, "You were just mumbling."

I sigh in relief.

"But I do believe it was something in the lines of it's not fair that all the British guys get all the good looks plus the husky voice."

I groan and he laughs and suddenly I am aware of how quickly the tension between us has vanished.

"So how long till we meet your dear cousin." I say tying my hair as the wind whipped mercilessly against my face.

We were currently climbing up a mountain from what I could gather. The sharp craggly rocks rose up on both sides all mighty and proud.

"Well that maybe a problem." He says slowly grinning.

I raise an eyebrow but before I can we take a sharp turn and I am met with one of the most beautiful sights known to man.

The deep blue sea stretched far and wide below the road. The cliff face ended in jagged rocks where waves competed for dominity as they crashed.

It was blue. So blue.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" He says and I can't help but nod.

"B- But" My mouth fails to grasp on to words.

"Welcome to Amalfi, Dare."