Chapter One

It should be every girls dream. Going on a summer road trip with your best friend through the gorgeous Italian countryside. Well, they forgot the best part: What happens your best friend brings her boyfriend along.

Well, in that case you notify the Oxford Dictionary to change the definition of third wheel to Dare Williams.

"No, you are my teddy bear."

"No, you are."

"No, you are."

What did the poor teddy bear ever do?What did I ever do to deserve this?

I mean sure I should be happy for Hayley and Dave, yes, his name was just about as uncreative as his brain. It was hard trying to like him because well for starters this was supposed to be a road trip for the two of us so someone tell Hayley, who let me tell you got an eighty-eight in her math finals that bringing Dave along made it three .

I don't know what melted Hayley's heart. Dave was pretty average anyway. But I guess it must have been the fact that Dave was going to Italy to meet his cousin.

Yes, I was scandalised too, plain old Dave had a wild cousin who was currently in Italy on a wild trip with his friends.But well in the end Hayley said yes and I was forced to tag along.

We stand in the immigration office in Rome with dozens of other people most of them Italians who were always constantly arguing in loud Italian.

I am here for the pizza. I say my mantra over and over again trying not to loose it.

When I finally arrive at the immigration counter after a long fifteen minute wait I sigh in relief.

"Mees what ees your name." The guy in the counter says with the look: I don't want to be here either.

"Darella Pam Williams." I flinch slightly as I say my full name,"US national."

He nods clearly bored and says,"Do yee have thee form?"

I nod and hand him my immigration form and he quickly looks over it looking up only once to see if I was the same person as in my passport picture.

I don't blame him really, that picture is one of the worst pictures ever taken in the history photography. The girl in there has messy blonde hair that resembles grass and dull greyish green eyes that make her look like a meth user. The girl standing in front of him in the other hand has gotten a makeover. Her hair actually stays in place and dip dyed at the ends and is wearing clothes that doesn't scream I just woke up and rushed here.

He gives me another look just to be sure and then stamps my passport and gestures me to move along.

I quickly walk off and crane my head to look for Hayley and Dave.I take a step backward and someone comes and crashes into me knocking me down along with my heavy backpack.

"Shit!"

"Bloody Hell!"

I rub my head to see who collided with me and I see the hottest guy I have ever seen in my life.

No kidding.

He is blonde with an angular face and a jawline to die for. He is young about nineteen or twenty and has the best cologne I have smelt in a long time.

I judge people by smell, sue me.

I must have been staring for a really long time before he says,"Are you all right?"

Holy mother of god he's British!

I quickly snap out of my staring trance trying my hardest not to blush around the British guy. I mean I had never been a guy this hot!

I mean sure our school had some boys who looked decent but his guy was a god.

And British.

"You should really watch where you are going." He says rudely getting up and leaving me staring in shock at him from the floor.

You forgot the word jerk, Dare.

"Oh well I didn't think that I would have to look out for jerks who do not know the meaning of chivalry." I say pushing myself off the floor.

He makes a disgusted face,"I am taught to be chivalrous to girls."

Wow, way to go Dare of all the people in the airport you find a way to crash into the biggest jackass of all time.

No matter that he is hot.

"Whatever." He says,"I don't have time for this."

With that he simply brushes past me and walks away without a second glance.

Asshat.

I look down to see a plain leather bound book near my feet and pick it up.

"Hey you left your-" I stop as I realise that it's a hopeless case and he is nowhere in sight.

The book is relatively blank except for a few phone numbers here and there along with the names of a few places. There is a name written on the first page with freakishly neat handwriting:

Blake Durham.

"Wow Dare." Hayley comes grinning from behind,"You manage to find the sexiest guy in the airport who just happens to have a British accent. Maybe you shouldn't be so anti love anymore."

I roll my eyes as we wait for Dave to come.

Hayley smiles as she greets him and kisses him and pretty soon they are making out in front of me.

Not an image you would like to see and come on, it's not like he has come back from fighting a war.

Well, at least Dave is nice despite his dorkiness unlike certain British boys who get full for looks but zero for personality.

Well, Blake Durham, I hope we never meet again.

Boy was I wrong about that.