Chapter 2: Preparations

The day had come. Alpha began preparing for his date with Omega. Alpha knew what he wanted to wear. He wanted to be casual but not too casual. A nice balance between the two. He decided to go with a dark red shirt and black skinny jeans. Lacing up his beat up, black converse, he began to think about Omega. He really is something, reflected Alpha. Everything about him is so different. Grabbing a small comb, Alpha began to slowly brush his soft and curly hair. Once he finished, he began searching for his wallet and his cologne. No one wants to smell like ass on a first date. Alpha made sure he had enough money for the date between them. He decided to pack an extra change of clothes, just in case he wanted to go into the ocean. After putting everything in, he let out a small sigh. I'm really doing this, huh? He hesitated for a moment. He began to get anxious. Something that normally doesn't happen to a guy like him. Fire decided to shrug it off. Finally, he was ready for some time away with his beloved Omega. Omega, on the other hand, was struggling with what to wear. He had never been on a date before. The last man he was with treated him poorly. But we'll get onto that some other time. After a nice shower in warm water, Omega decided he should not overdue it. Why go in something fancy if they were only going to the beach? Aether frantically opened the closet door. What to wear was repeated in his mind. He felt as if none of his clothes were good enough for Fire. He groaned and laid down on the floor. Should I even go through with this? What if something bad happens? What if he realizes how much of an idiot I really am? Farfetched ideas began racing in Aether's mind.

What if I'm not good enough for him?

Omega sat up and looked down. Staring blankly at his clothes, he began to wonder if this was even meant to be. No, I have to go through with this. He did make an effort to ask me out. It was settled then. Omega was prepared for the date. Aether decided to put on a navy blue shirt and some camel colored cargo shorts. Those were the only shorts he had at the moment. I'm sure Alpha won't mind them he thought. Putting on his black hoodie, Omega decided to pack some sandals and a beach towel. He wanted to be ready for their date. Another concern that crossed his mind was money. He questioned the idea, but later came to the conclusion that it's better safe than sorry. Leaving the house, he made sure to lock everything and turn off every light. This was it. The day he dreamed of since he fell in love with Alpha. Everything was going according to plan so far. I wonder what Alpha is doing right now, he wondered.