Chapter 8: The Asylum of Rituals (part 2)

"After you died, Emeritus 0 decided to retire and pass his title down to Emeritus the first. Emeritus I decided to initiate a ritual so more members could be brought onto the clergy. Just then, Earth and Aether (another ghoul) were created. Earth has no memory of you however." Air stated as he placed Earth onto the cold, concrete floor.
"Why was there no effort to bring me back?"
"I wasn't even sure that was possible. I was convinced you were sent to the deepest parts of hell."
"How many years has it been?"
"Too many to count. Emeritus III is almost done with his reign." The ghoul looked saddened as he realized life had passed by him so quickly. Air approached Plasma as the two embraced.
"I can feel myself beginning to fade away."
"Do you have to go?" asked Air who was evidently distraught.
"I need more flesh or I will cease to exist." Air carved out more flesh and handed it to Plasma, who used it to add to his new coat of skin. The pale man was now more human-like.
"Tell me more about Earth."
"He's my boyfriend." answered Air. Plasma smirked.
"One question, who's idea was it to initiate a ritual?"
"Earth wanted to surprise me with something I enjoy."
"How thoughtful. I bet he never expected me to show up." Air did not reply after that. He picked up Earth once more and lead Plasma out of the asylum. Both were quiet as they made their way into Air's car. Air gently placed Earth on the back seat. Plasma sat in the passenger seat. He was unfamiliar with cars this advanced. All he knew was that papa Emeritus 0 has reigned for thousands of years. This experience was new for him. Who knows how his friends would react to seeing him once again.
Air started the car and began to drive away from the asylum. Plasma looked out of the window intently. He had forgotten how beautiful the cold night was. All seemed right in the world.
-
"Hey, where is everyone?" nosily asked Plasma as he looked around the band members' house.
"Out,"was the only word Air said to Plasma. He placed Earth onto a chair and grabbed a glass of water. Air then proceeded to throw the water onto Earth's face.
"Huh? What happened??" exclaimed Earth.
"Why hello there!"said Plasma as he put a hand in front of Earth's face.
"W-who's this? Why's he in old ghoul clothing...?" frantically asked Earth as he backed away from the ghoul.
"An old member of the band." replied Air as he placed both hands on Earth's shoulders.
"Sorry if I startled you." apologized Plasma and he reached for a towel to give to Earth.
"No no it's okay. Wie heißt du?" (Earth)
"Sie sprechen Deutsch? Ah, sehr gut." (Plasma)
"Hah, ja." (Earth)
"Ich heiße Plasma." (Plasma)
"Nice name." (Earth)
"Let's stick to English please. I don't understand a word." awkwardly requested Air as he stood in confusion.
-
Earth: Plasma huh. How come no one told me about this?

-end of chapter-