Chapter 5: And so it Continues

Fire lead Aether through the sand and towards the ocean. The salty and moist breeze surrounded the area. The waves continued to crash down into the lovely pale sand. The sun had begun setting. Seagulls were squawking and soaring through the orange and blue sky. All was at peace. Aether, not wanting to ruin the moment, simply took in the air. Inhaling the good to come from this relationship, and exhaling the negative past. Still holding hands, Fire decided to break the silence. "Hey, Omega. Wanna go into the water?" playfully asked Alpha. "I'm good. I'd rather walk around the stores. Besides, it's too cold for that." Fire did not disagree with Aether. After some time of staring off into the sunset, Fire decided to pull Aether away from the sand. Both made their way towards the stores. A long aisle leading to nowhere but more stores. Aether knew deep down he wasn't having fun. He wanted to enjoy his time with Fire, but a heart break isn't easy to get over. Alpha, on the other hand, was having the time of his life. He had never been so happy. His ex was just as bad, but Alpha was not going to let him ruin his chance at happiness. Both made stops at some small clothing stores. Fire bought a beach hoodie and Aether decided to get a ball point pen with the ocean and sea creatures painted all over. Aether appreciated everything Fire was doing for him. He decided to suck it up after some time of mentally arguing with himself. "I'm fucking hungry. What do you want to eat?"whined Fire. Aether didn't really know how to answer. He had no idea what was around. After some time of discussing what was close by, they decided on Denny's. Upon walking there, they encountered a lady snorting cocaine. "Um, Fire? Maybe we should go somewhere else to eat."suggested Omega. "No no, that lady, I think it's a lady, won't harm us "replied Alpha. Both rapidly made their way into the diner and prepared to order. After eating a diarrhea-inducing breakfast, Alpha decided to attempt to break the ice. "Omega?" "Yes, Fire?" "I love you." Those dreaded words pierced through Aether. "I...uh...thanks."stumbled Aether. "It's alright, Omega. I don't expect you to answer that right away. Sorry about that." Omega simply smiled at Fire and took his large and cold hands. "I love you too, you idiot."teased Omega. "Idiot, huh?"playfully added Alpha. Both embraced each other as if that was going to be their last time encountering each other. Omega began listening to Fire's heartbeat. Judging by the pace, it was obvious that Alpha was not lying when he said I love you. Not like he doubted him anyways. Time was passing by quickly. Before they knew it, it was almost ten p.m. Fire made the decision to take Aether home. "Come on, let's go." Aether didn't oppose the idea. He was rather getting exhausted. As Alpha started up the car, Omega never realized how much fun he would have had if he wasn't so focused on his ex. There goes another perfect day ruined by some heartless asshole. Alpha began driving towards Omega's house. Both remained quiet the entire time. Upon arrival, Alpha decided to go in for a kiss but stopped himself immediately. Omega noticed he was about to do something and asked,"You okay?" Flustered, Fire decided to just shake his head. "If you say so then. Goodnight, Alpha. See you tomorrow." Were Omega's last words before retreating to his bed. Alpha stood there, full of regret. I could've kissed him. No point in dwelling in the past though. He began walking to his clean car. Throwing himself in, Alpha replayed those words Omega said. "I love you too, you idiot" Fire sat back in the car seat and smiled. He got Omega to admit his feelings. Enough of that for now, Alpha made his way back home. Today was everything he had hoped for. What a successful day!