1

I feel the wind slash against my face as I run. I look over my shoulder to see my best friend gasping for breath, her face red and tired. I roll my eyes and laugh.

'Oh, come on Skye! You're already tired?'

'Of course you would say that. You could run for Africa! And your so weightless and small that it's easy for you,' She says, in between breaths.

I look away slightly as my grin fades. 'I'm not... that small...Am I?' I mumble to myself. I shake it off and look across the track to see a smiling, tall and dark Paladin jumping up and down, waving at us. Well, not us. Skye.

'Come on Skye!!!,' He yells. 'Show us the meaning of HASTE!'

Skye jolts her head towards him and smirks. 'I'll show you the meaning of haste...' She says under her breath. Before I could say anything else, Skye has already taken off ahead of me, as we approach the finish. I smirk, before prowling towards her. But it was no use. She'd already made it.

'Yesss! I've finally beaten MAEVE!' Skye proclaims, clearly pleased with herself.

'Whatever.' I sigh, rolling my eyes. 

'I knew you could do it!' Androxus yelled as he approached us. He gave Skye a quick kiss on her cheek and smiled at her. I averted my eyes hurriedly and walked away. I didn't want to interrupt them, or make Andro uncomfortable. In the eyes of someone who doesn't know him very well, Andro seems very... emo, I guess?  He doesn't participate in anything except for battle or training. Skye and battle are the only things he cares about. The way he looks at her... with such love... there's fiery passion in his eyes that show he wants to protect her. He wants to love her... and he wants to be there for her... If only... if only he could look at me that way. The only guy I have interest in. Handsome... gentle... Did I mention handsome? Sha Lin...