4

I shuffled around as I sat on the "winter witch's" staff.

'Stop moving. I only got my license last week. I don't really know how to ride this thing.' Evie complained.

'Didn't seem like that at grandpa's house.' I mumbled.

'That's different!' She claimed. 'Mak doesn't mind if I break anything, so I didn't have to worry.'

'Well I mind! And I live there too!'

'Yeah, well you don't own the house! Mak does.'

'...Yeah, well... well, I...' I sighed. I didn't have much more to say. I didn't own the house, nor did I belong there. 'Look, Evie. School's gonna be letting out soon... Tell grandpa that I went straight to work.' I said, hopping off as she came to a halt.

'M-Maeve... I didn't mean to offend you...' She said with an apologetic look on her face.

'Offend me? Please! I just need to get to work, that's all.' I lied.

'Ok... Um, I'll tell Skye you're at work if she drops by.' She smiled, hugging me.

'Thanks. See you later.' I whispered, turning around and prowling in the other direction. I need to clear my mind. Today's been rough and I have to focus. I look up and see that I'm at the Fish Market. I smirk tugs at my lips as I rush towards a stall and swipe a box of fish, before pouncing into the man behind the stall and grabbing something from his pocket. I then blinded them all before they could see my face. I look down at the item in my hand.

'Sweet! Ten gold!' I turned the corner and wandered into the alleyway. I opened the tall, wooden door, hidden in the corner. I made my way to the cubbyhole with the label "Maeve" on top of it. I threw my box on it and stuffed to money in my pocket.

'Ruckus?!?' I called.

No response.

'Cassie?!?'

'No need to scream Maeve, I'm right here.' I turn around to see Cassie stroking the boss' face and trying to look seductive. I gagged.

'I still can't believe you would do this for money Cassie.'

'You would too, if you had the looks for it.' She giggled, before kissing the boss' cheek. I shivered

'I would never.' I whispered in horror. I looked her up and down. She laughed and then winked at me. 

'Can't say much, you're a thief!' She pointed out.

'Lighten up! I don't mind as long as I get money and Skye doesn't find out!' Sometimes I forget they're sisters

'Lighten up! I don't mind as long as I get money and Skye doesn't find out!' Sometimes I forget they're sisters. They have completely different hair colours, yet the exact same features

 They have completely different hair colours, yet the exact same features

They're so... I don't know... I wish I was more like them... 

I quickly shook the thought off and looked up at the boss. 'Erm, sorry if I'm late boss.' I said as he looked at me with his normal expression.

'Never mind that! I have news for you! It's up to you if it's good or not...' He growled.

I raised my eyebrow and placed a hand on my hip. 'Go on.'

'Cassie? Excuse us please.' He said, stroking her hair. I shuddered, thankful that I wasn't as desperate for money as Cassie was.

'What's this... news?' I asked.