Chapter 15

Kat's Pov

We'd found Grey's office 15 minutes ago and yet we didn't find anything of importance. Ryder was rummaging through one of the desk drawers when he looked up, alarmed.
"Did you guys hear that?"
I looked at him quizzically while Alex raised an eyebrow.
"I heard a noise downstairs." Suddenly the door flew open and I didn't think; just acted automatically. I flew at the person in the doorway and delivered a kick to his ribs. He went down with an 'oof'.
"Damn it KitKat! I know you're the best in AWK so you didn't have to demonstrate it to me!" My eyes widened as I realised it was just Olly.
"Sorry Ols, didn't know it was you." He glared at me when I used the nickname that he hated. Alex cleared his throat.

"Right. May I introduce Allie and his best pal Ralph!" I said with fake enthusiasm. Alex spluttered incoherently while Ryder muttered, "Its Ryder. Get that in your head." I smirked. I knew what his name was. I jut loved the boys reactions.
Olly greeted them with a nod.

"Ok. No time for explanations but we need to outta here now." He ordered.

"What?" I asked.

"Grey is arriving in exactly 10 minutes and he's got some of the most famous international businessmen with him. We can't risk getting caught. We need to leave now." And with that he started to drag me out of the room.

Ryder's Pov

Alex's eyes flashes with jealousy and anger as he saw Olly grab Kat's wrist and pull her out of the office. Shit. Wolves were always possessive of their mates. Especially if the wolf was an Alpha. This could get messy.

"Uh..Olly?" I said, "You might wanna let go of Kat. Right now." Alex was advancing towards them. Olly saw him and his eyes widened. He stepped back just as Al grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the room. I could hear them arguing all the way down the hall.

"What was all that about?" Olly asked as we followed them.

"Alex is Kat's mate and since he's an alpha he's kinda possessive. Well. Very possessive." To my surprise he started laughing. I looked at him as if he was crazy.
'Probably is considering he's friends with Kat.' My wolf said, grumbling. My wolf didn't like Kat considering she always got my name wrong.

"It's just that he has got a problem if Kat's his mate. Kat will never accept him 'cause she never wanted a mate. She's very independent." Olly explained.

Hells bells. Alex was not gonna like that. I am seriously glad that I don't have a mate to deal with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Hiya! So what do you think? I hope you like it! Please vote and comment! I'd really appreciate it! Comment and tell me if you think I should give Ryder a mate. Just to annoy him & add a little more romance! Haha :D