Chapter 7

It was around noon on a sunny and beautiful day. The Meowth balloon was following the twerps into Ecruteak City. Team Rocket figured that Ash was on his way to get another gym badge. They had been following them all morning and into the afternoon. Finally, they arrived into the old fashioned town of city of Ecruteak City. In the distance they could see two tall towers.

   "Hey James, what are those towers over there?" asked Jessie. James looked out into the distance and pulled out a small pamphlet. "It's the Burned Tower and the Bell Tower." he said, reading off from the book. Meowth pondered for a moment and spoke up.

   "I'm sure there will be lots of rare Pokemon in those towers over dere." he said. "Let's go check em out!" Meowth reached for the lever to steer the balloon towards the towers, but James put a hand on his paw and stopped him.

   "Let's not waste time in something we don't know about, Meowth. We should look around Ecruteak City." said James, landing the balloon in a grassy patch. Jessie smiled at him and nodded.

   "I agree James." she said. "We should do a bit of sight seeing." Jessie and James looked at each other and gave friendly smiles. Meowth glanced back and forth between his partners. He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

   The balloon landed on the ground and the trio hopped out. They could see the city in the distance and they walked over to it. The city was busy and full of life. There were shops lining every street corner. A cafe was nearby to Team Rocket so they decided to grab a bite to eat.

   But as soon as they walked in, they heard some familiar voices. "Team Rocket!" shouted Ash. He was sitting at a table with his friends. The whole cafe turned to the three people walking in and looked confused. Meowth threw out his claws and turned to Jessie and James.  

   "Youse guys, there's Pikachu. Let's swipe it and scram." he whispered. Jessie and James looked at each other. At the same time they shook their heads. "Meowth, lighten up." said Jessie. "Let's just relax today. We can catch Pikachu tomorrow." She walked over to the counter and looked up at the menu. "Right behind you Jess!" said James and walked over to her side.

   Meowth glanced over at the twerps. They all had confused faces and stared back at Meowth. He just shrugged his shoulders and walked over to them.

   "Those two have been actin very weird lately." said Meowth, pulling up a chair. "They've been huggin a lot more dan usual." Ash nodded in agreement and took a sip from his Miltank Shake.

   "Yeah, yesterday they didn't even want to battle for Pikachu. They just stood there and hugged." he said. Pikachu cocked his head like he was confused as well.

   Brock suddenly spoke up. "I think it all started when James was trying to give CPR to Jessie after she almost drowned. He may have been embarrassed because he had to give her a kiss. Misty giggled and rolled her eyes. "Oh Brock, when it comes to other people in love, you're just as dense as Ash." she said and took a bite from her hamburger. Ash and Brock both cocked their heads to the side.

   "What do you mean in love Misty?" Brock asked. "Are you talking about Jessie and James?" Ash choked on his french fries. "Jessie and James in love?! That's so weird!" Ash shouted a bit too loudly. Jessie and James had gotten their milkshakes and had been seated at a booth. Instead of sitting across from each other, they sat beside each other. When Ash shouted, they both looked over at them. They then looked at each other and blushed like crazy.

   Misty's eyes sparkled. "Oh, they are in love!" she whispered to her friends and Meowth. Ash and Pikachu made a face while Brock still seemed confused. Meowth slowly nodded his head in agreement.

   "They have been acting a bit more nicer to each other lately." he said. The group looked back over to the duo. James had started spoon feeding Jessie her milkshake. Ash, Pikachu, and Meowth fell down onto the floor in shock, Misty cooed in adoration, and Brock looked away in disgust.

   After a few minutes, Jessie and James went over to the table and greeted everyone. "Hello twer- I mean Ash, Misty and Brock." said Jessie giving them a friendly wave. James reached out his hand to pet Pikachu. "And hello to you too Pika-"

   Pikachu had learned that every time one of them reached out to touch him, they would take him away from Ash. Pikachu give Jessie and James a shock and they fell to the floor. Meowth got up in Pikachu's face.

   "What was dat for?" he yelled. Suddenly, Jessie and James got up from the floor and laughed. "It's alright Meowth. No hard feelings, right Pikachu?" said James. "Pika?" squeaked Pikachu. Jessie and James laughed again and waved goodbye to Ash and friends. They started to walk out of the cafe and Meowth followed them. Ash, Pikachu, and Brock all looked very confused, but Misty looked like she was about to explode from happiness.

   The trio was walking down the street, admiring the city. "Thank you for paying for our milkshakes, James." said Jessie, giving him a pat on the back. James blushed slightly and rubbed his neck. "Oh, it was nothing, Jess." He turned to Meowth who was trailing behind them, listening to every word they were saying. "So what were you talking about with Ash and his friends?"

   Meowth stopped dead in his tracks and was staring straight ahead. The color had drained from his face. "Um Meowth?" said James stooping down to his level. "Are you okay?"

   Jessie looked at what Meowth was staring at and the color drained from her face as well. "Hey James, you might want to take a look over here." she whispered into his ear. James turned around at what his partners were staring at. What he saw made his heart drop and his head to become dizzy. Standing on the corner of the street was none other than James's fiancé, Jessebelle.