Chapter 8

Sorry I've been away for so long! Here's the next chapter...

   James's heart skipped a beat. He felt his knees get weak and his legs felt like jelly. "Why is she here?" he thought staring straight ahead. Jessebelle hadn't noticed them and she was looking into a window of a fancy looking shop. He thought he could feel someone tugging on his shirt sleeve but he was in too much of shock to feel it.

   "James, come on let's get out of here!" said Jessie trying to pull him away. But James was stiff as a board. Jessie kept on trying to pull him away, but it was no use.

"Well," said Meowth, unsheathing his claws. "I tink I can handle dis." And he jumped onto James's shoulder and scratched his face.

"OUCH!" cried James, pushing Meowth away and rubbing his face. He turned around to Meowth and yelled at him. "Meowth, what in the world was that for?!" he shouted. Jessie grabbed James by the hand and pulled him away. James gladly hurried off with them, when a southern sounding voice made him stop in his tracks.

"James!" yelled a woman from behind them. James had frozen up in fear. His fiancé, or should he say ex fiancé, was the most terrifying person he had ever met. They had met each other when they were young children, back when James still lived in his mansion. His parents had a arranged a marriage between the two and were to marry each other once they came of age. Jessebelle was infatuated with the idea, but James was petrified. He didn't want to marry a stuck up brat who always told him what to do. She was always telling him that he wasn't doing things the proper way, like eating, the way he dressed, and even how he ran. Finally, James had had enough. He ran away from home and joined Pokemon Tech; a school that teaches you about Pokemon. That's where he met Jessie. Later, they dropped out of Pokemon Tech for getting the worse grades in existence and joined a bike gang. Shortly afterwards, they left the bike gang and joined Team Rocket. James may have looked like a rugged thief, but he still knew everything he learned in his youth, and it would probably never leave him.

   "Why James, how wonderful to see you my honey!" exclaimed Jessebelle, walking over to the trio. James still stood frozen in place. Jessebelle tried to hug James, but Jessie stepped in front of him.

"Scram Little Miss Rich." said Jessie in a tone of voice that James had never heard from her. She sounded so defensive and angry. Jessebelle scoffed at her and threw back her also magenta colored hair.

"Oh it's you. The street rat who hangs around James. Can't you see he hates his life with you?" said Jessebelle. "I'm sure he'd much rather come home with me. Surely being around a good for nothing brat and his pet kitty must be dreadful. He'd be much more happier living with me. Jessebelle reached out a hand to grab James's.

"No!" yelled Jessie and shoved her away. They battled each other for a moment, then with the force of a Tauros, Jessebelle pushed Jessie and she fell onto the concrete. She was knocked unconscious and her head started to bleed.

   "JESSIE!" screamed James. He shoved Jessebelle off of him and ran to Jessie's side, Meowth running behind him. Jessie's body was strewn across the ground and a pool of blood was forming around her. Jessebelle stared in horror at what she'd done. James turned around to face her.

   "You!" he shouted at her. He started to charge at her when Meowth held him back. "It's not worth it James." he said resting a paw on James's knee. "We have more important tings to worry about." He gestured to Jessie. James turned around again, but Jessebelle had already fled. Meowth was right. They did have more important things to worry about.

  James scooped up Jessie in his arms and rushed to the nearest hospital. Blood was dripping onto his uniform, but he didn't care. The only thing he worried about was getting Jessie somewhere she could be healed. After a few moments of non stop running, they had reached the hospital. James and Meowth dashed through the doors.