Back to Normal- ..ish

It's Monday, and you know what that means. School! Yaaay.. I think with extreme sarcasm as I shut up my alarm clock.

I get up and put on the uniform with great struggle, because of my knee and all. I grab my crutches and struggle down the stairs.

"Good morning Y/N." Garroth says, the bags under his eyes evident.

"G'morning. Where's dad?"

"Downstairs." He shrugs.

"Oh."

Mom walks into the dining room from the kitchen. "Morning Y/N, sweetie."

"Morning mom."

I manage to get downstairs and sit next to Zane at the table.

"Hey."

"Sup."

I whisper in his ear, "How's you and Travis?"

He rolls his eyes and whispers back, "Is there even a me and Travis?"

I shrug and laugh.

"What are you two laughing about?" Garroth asks.

"Nothing!" We say immediately in unison.

Vylad fake-frowns, "But I'm your bwest frwend!"

I laugh and so does everyone else. I can tell everyone is still trying to make everything normal, which gets on my nerves, but its kind of relieving in a way.

"Load up kiddos." Mom says as we get into the car.

I sit up front because of my crutches, that makes me have control of the AUX. You know what that means~.

"WE ARE THE NEW AMERICANA!" I sing-shout.

Everyone rolls their eyes and laughs, singing along.

---

We arrive at school and Garroth helps me out of the car. As soon as mom drives away, I'm swarmed with students asking me questions.

I shrug and push through the crowd with my crutches and help from my brothers. I adjust my knee brace and follow Garroth to my class.

"Why are you escorting me?" I ask with a bit of an attitude.

"Do you want to answer those questions?"

"No.."

"Mkay, thats what I thought." He shrugs.