Opposite Day AU Angst

(Requested by @imsochuckycheesy. Sorry if it's bad, I'm not exactly in the angsty mood, but I'll try.)

    Tord was worthless. A waste of space. A horrible person. That's what he told himself, anyways. He always told himself that he didn't deserve to live, didn't deserve to breath. And getting a crush on someone didn't help. It just made him feel like the person would never love him back for being so pathetic and that he would never tell them the truth.
   This person he grew a crush on was Tom, one of his friends. A happy, peppy guy who was probably his closest friend. But even he didn't know about Tord's demons. He knew he was shy and scared of a lot of things, but he didn't know that his evil thoughts about himself were the cause of that. He blamed himself for everything, making him a cry baby, it wasn't just him being scared. He also didn't know about Tord's scars. The ones on his arms. This was thanks to a turtleneck sweater he always wore, always hiding his arms, along the thin lines that covered them at random spots that only a razor could cause. Those were kept secret; only himself knowing about it.

   One day, he decided he had enough. He was done with everything. He was done with his demons tormenting him day and night. He was done with all the blame he threw on himself. He was done with breathing.
Matt, the leader of the group of friends he lived with, decided that they should go out to go grab a few things from the store. Tord declined coming, even after Tom begged him to. To be honest, seeing his frown at the fact he wouldn't be able to be around Tord for an hour or so broke his heart and gave him a bit of hope that maybe he did like him. Those thoughts were thrown out quickly, though, by his plan of what to do. He knew Tom would probably be happy without him and find someone better. Wouldn't he?

After Matt, Edd, and Tom were gone, Tord got to work. He wrote a suicide letter, of course, talking about why he was doing this. How long he suffered with the demons banging on his door. He was finally letting them in, he guessed. He also wrote about how he would miss his friends and try to watch over him from whatever afterlife he was going to. And, before he ran out of space, he wrote about how much he loved Tom and was never to say his feelings to his best friend. He folded up the paper and shoved it into his front pants pocket, trying not to cry. He walked over to his closet and reached in, grabbing something he had been saving for a long time. A rope. A strong noose was already tied on it and he sighed a bit, looking at the open loop.

He slowly walked into the middle of the room, where a fan was. He grabbed a stool he had gotten from the kitchen and stood on it, tying the noise securely around one of the blades. He looked at the loop one more time before slipping it around his neck. He chuckled softly to himself, a few tears rolling down his cheeks.
"I guess this is goodbye..." he mumbled to himself before violently kicking the stool out from under him and feeling the rope tighten around his neck.

"We're home!" Tom exclaimed when he got in the door. He grinned and looked around, his smile slowly fading to a confused look. It was quiet in the house. Too quiet. Matt seemed to sense this as well.
"Tord?" He called into the house. No response. Matt looked at Tom.
"Go find him." Tom nodded and ran up the stairs as his friends watched him. He ran to Tord's room and knocked.
"Tord? You awake?" He asked and knocked again, louder his time.

After a second or two of standing there and waiting. "Tord?" He called again. His stomach suddenly twisted as a thought crossed his head. No, that couldn't have happened, right? Tord wasn't depressed... was he?
Tom reached for the doorknob and opened the unlocked door quickly. His heart dropped to his stomach as his worst fears were corrected right before his very eyes.
There was Tord. Not moving and not showing any signs of life. Just dangling there from a rope attached to his fan. Tom couldn't help but let out choked back scream as he fell to his knees, instantly bursting into tears.