Chapter 8 - Threatened

I never ran so fast in my life.

Tearing out of my room, I sprinted to Y/N's door.

She had never used the intercom before. Her voice sounded so weak. What happened? Was she sick? Was she okay? Was she hurt?

I couldn't shake a feeling of dread out of my bones.

"Princess?" I yelled, banging on her door. "Are you in there? Are you hurt?"

The door flew open. She didn't look hurt, but her eyes were wide and her shoulders were up to her ears.

As soon as I stepped in, her arms came around my neck. Her vanilla scent invaded all my senses. God, she smelled good. Her skin felt good against my neck too.

But if Jin saw this...

"Um, Princess..."

I started to look over my shoulder, but stopped when I felt her trembling. Why was she so scared?

Forget Jin.

I wrapped my arms around her. "What happened?"

She couldn't speak for a moment. Her deep [your color eyes] eyes were darting around the room as she tried to calm down. It didn't seem like any sort of asthma attack. It was more like one of Jin's panic attacks.

It was only after I had grabbed her a glass of water and sat at her side that was able to speak. I took her hand in mine, rubbing my thumb against it. It was so soft. Delicate. The way it shook in mine made me want to wrap her back in my arms until she calmed down.

"I was walking out in the forest-y area out in front. Someone was following me." she said. "He threatened me. Told me to run. I didn't recognize his voice."

"Did you see his face at all?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I just ran."

"Good girl. Who knows what would have happened to you."

God, what if something really did happen to her? I wasn't there. There was nothing I could have done if she was in trouble.

She showed me the other threats she had gotten - a couple of threat letters. They seemed somewhat amateur and not deadly, but they were still a great concern.

"Does anyone know about these?"

[Y/N] shook her head.

"Good. Don't tell anyone."

"Why?"

Because you shouldn't trust anyone here...

"Just trust me on this one." I replied.

She seemed to. I almost wished she wasn't so trusting. I wanted to tell her everything then, but I couldn't. It wasn't my place. Honestly, why did I want to tell her anyhow? She was a stranger to us. She could have been making the whole thing up. Jin's mother would have.

But she wasn't Jin's mother. There was something too pure about [Y/N].

I left her room, summoning for a couple extra guards to watch the doorway. I was only a couple doors down from her, but I still felt uneasy.

I didn't want anything to happen to her.

Wait ... Why did I feel so strongly about her safety like this?

Well, it was my job wasn't it? Yes, it was my responsibility to keep her safe. I didn't want her father to come after me.

But...

Part of me wanted to hold her again.