Chapter 31 - Kidnapped

She had been gone too long.

"Prince Jungkook," I said. "Don't you think [Y/N] would have been back by now?"

He broke away from his thoughts and looked at his watch. "I suppose she has been gone awhile. Henry should be with her. She should be okay, unless..."

He swallowed. From the look on his face, we both had the same thought.

Jungkook jumped from his seat and I followed out to the hall where the bathrooms were. Henry was still there. Unconscious.

I dropped down to him and sat him against the wall, slapping his cheek. "Henry. Henry! Wake up! Can you hear me?"

He groaned, unable to create a sentence. The blood streaming out of the back of his head explained why.

I snapped at the other guards to treat him.

"He was here," Prince Jungkook snarled. "That bastard was here."

Before I could respond, Jungkook had ran into the woman's bathroom. He called for [Y/N], but the only response was his echo.

Suddenly my whole body felt like it was on fire. I tore down the hallway and into the stadium. There were rows and rows of faces, but none that stood out. None that looked like [Y/N]. I ran down the steps, checking every seat. She could have been anywhere. Without a cell phone, I couldn't trace her.

Dammit! Why did I leave her alone?

My lungs burned, but it didn't matter. I had to find her. She could still be at the event. I couldn't be a second late. She had to still be here. I couldn't believe that he would have taken her. Whoever he was.

Why am I so useless!

I ran out into the parking lot, hoping to see a glimpse of her anywhere. Nothing. Nothing but security guards.

That's it. They would seen something.

I interrogated every one of them. None of them had seen her. None of them had seen anything suspicious.

"Report this to your supervisor." I commanded. "I'll need the security camera footages immediately."

The guard I spoke with nodded in agreement.

"Taehyung!"

Prince Jungkook ran towards me. "Did you find anything?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. She's gone."

As the words left my lips, my whole body ached.

Jungkook panted, reaching into his pocket for his phone.

"Jin! She's gone. He took her. I know he took her. What do you mean what do I mean? She's gone, Jin. She left me for one minute and..."

There was a long pause.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm a screw up. Are you happy to hear me say it? Now shut up and help us find her. There has to be some way to..."

He faded off again. I ran my fingers through my hair, gripping my scalp as if it would help me think faster. I couldn't think of anything. She was gone. All I knew is that she was gone.

If something happened to her, I could never...

...what was I thinking? What could I do if she was found? Tell her how I felt? I couldn't. Even if she was safe, I couldn't breathe a word.

I just wanted her to be safe. Even if that meant being safe and alive in someone else's arms, I could stomach it. If it meant she was happy, I could accept it.

Fight, [Y/N]. Fight until I find you.

I swear, I'll find you.