The Second Quest

~Percy's POV~

"-and that is what really happened during my first quest." I finished explaining, taking a deep breath after talking for so long.

Zeus stood up, red-faced, aiming his Master Bolt towards Luke.

"Don't. You can't change what happens." I jumped at the sudden voice coming from behind the couch. Turning around, I came face to face with Nico. I sighed in relief, knowing it was only Nico.

"When did you become quiet?" Thalia demanded, looking a little pale from the scare.

Nico gave her a deeper frown, expression guarded. "It happened a long time ago." He sat down, not looking at anyone.

I knew he was talking about losing Bianca. I looked down in shame for the events that caused her death.

Thalia glanced at me from the corner of her eye, demanding to know what was going on with Nico and I. Well, Thals, Nico hates for letting his sister die, and I made him help me with so much during the war with Kronos.

Names have power, Perce.

Okay, now that sounded a lot like Annabeth.

"Wait, so you actually snapped the horn of the-"

"Names have power." Nico, Thalia, and I stated, cutting Apollo's sentence off.

"Especially around Percy." Thalia added, a small smirk on her face. I fake gasp. I look at Nico for help, but he had a small smirk of his own!

"You guys are mean." I stated, pouting a little. Thalia stuck her tongue out at me. I did it back at her. Nico rolled his eyes at us and-

I gasped. "Nico," I spoke slowly, not believing my eyes. "Are you smiling?!" Nico's lip curved back down into his usual expression.

Thalia choked a little. "He's now smiling?! When did he stop being his overexcited self?"

I didn't answer her, only looking down in remembrance of Bianca.

"It was a few years ago. I grew up. Can we continue?" Nico snapped, sitting back down.

Silence.

"It started when I found Annabeth at my school during gym after I had a dream of Grover being in danger on his quest to find Pan. Annabeth warned me about something at camp. We fought some monsters, destroyed the school's gym, and took a ride with the Grey Sisters. At camp there was a monster attack, the only way to stop the attack was for the friend I had made in school, Tyson, to fight them. The fight was over, and Annabeth told me he was a cyclops. Chiron had not wanted a few of us to come back to camp for the summer, the camp was under attack consistently, Thalia's tree was poisoned, and Chiron was being replaced because the Olympians thought it was him who poisoned her."

"Like he would even do that." Thalia grumbled angrily under her breath.

"Chiron left, and as camp continued daily activities, the new camp director brought back the chariot races. I continued to have dreams of Grover in trouble. The chariot race began, in the middle a monster attack happened, Annabeth, Tyson, and I got blamed for the attack. Clarisse had won the game, then was given a quest after Annabeth and I brought up the idea. The night Clarisse left, Annabeth and I left to go after her to help with her when we realized what was happening. We were on a cruise ship for the night. The ship was full of Kronos' army, a battle happened and we were floating around. Got into a bit of trouble that Clarisse saved us from. We sailed with her for a little before we got to the Sea of Monsters, got shipwrecked by Scylla and Charybdis, was separated, then Annabeth and I ended up at Circe's island. After another battle, we passed the Sirens. We reunited with Tyson, found Polyphemus' island, saved Clarisse and Grover. We got off the island, sailed away from the Sea of Monsters, and Clarisse left with the Golden Fleece to fly to Camp Half-Blood. We ran into Luke, got captured, and cleared Chiron's name as the camp secretly watched. Chiron and the Party Ponies came to our rescue. After the final battle of our quest, we got back to camp a little after that. The day after we got back to camp, we realized that the Golden Fleece worked too well on Thalia's tree-"

"And that's how I came back." Thalia finished for me, looking bored.

Silence. Again.

"So we learned that Percy is a horrible storyteller."

~MsPenguingirl1234.

Published: August 8, 2017.