ray

I remember the night so vividly. It was after a concert in September, 2003.

---

Mikey approached me nervously, twiddling his thumbs.

"Hey babe, you okay ?"

I ask, concerned. All of a sudden he falls into my arms and started sobbing loudly.

"Mikey, what's wrong ?"

He continues sobbing, once he's collected himself he looks up with eyes full of tears.

"I-i'm so s-sorry,"

He cries out and covers his mouth with his hand.

"Mikey, please tell me,"

I question, rubbing his back gently.

"It's m-my fault,"

He mutters.

"Whatever it is I won't be mad, I promise,"

I comfort him, pulling him onto my lap.

"I'm pregnant,"

He mumbles and nearly choke on my own spit.

"R-really !"

He starts crying again. I hug him tightly and start rocking him back and forth.

"I-I know we can't have a kid, we're in a band and it would be so much hassle and- and w-we-"

He rambles on and continues crying. I kiss his forehead.

"It's okay, it's okay, you'll be okay,"

I repeat over and over in his ear.

---

We came to the conclusion, that until we were ready to take care of the child, we would put her in a foster home. Mikey gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, big brown eyes and a tuft of dark hair.

She was born on the 21st of June. (My birthday) We named her Violet Lee Toro-Way. It broke our hearts giving her away.

It's now 2017 and we are getting our daughter back.