violet

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock bleeping. I slam my hand on it.

Another day, another shitty day.

I pull myself out of bed, failing as I fall onto the floor. I get up slowly, rubbing my head. I decide today I'm going to make an effort and actually get dressed today.

I throw on a grey jumper, my glasses and black skinny jeans. I brush my wavy, dark brown hair and begin the everyday struggle of straightening my hair.

After what seems like years, my hair looks decent and I put on grey socks and black boots. Can you tell I hate colour ?

I make my way upstairs - I have a basement bedroom - and put on the kettle for some green tea. I look at the clock on the wall and see that it's 7:23 am.

I always wake up early and fall asleep late. Once the kettle has finished boiling, I pour the water on the teabag in the mug.

I wait for it to cool down by dancing around the kitchen. I spin around very fast and my glasses flew off my head and hit a cupboard. (This happened to me in school in the corridor and me and my frens died of laughter) I silently swear and pick them up inspecting for any cracks, finding that they are undamaged and put them back on my head.

I grab my mug and take a sip to find that it's the perfect temperature to drink. I carry my mug carefully, taking care not to spill any of it, into the living room. I set my mug on the small table beside my comfy armchair.

I sit in the chair, my butt sinking into the softness. I take my book from the table, and turn to the page I left off at and continue reading the shining.

I occasionally take sips of me tea, letting the warmth of it make me comfy. I pull the bottom of my baggy jumper over my knees and read for what seems like hours.

After I finish a chapter, I fold over the corner of the page and put the book back on the table and bring my mug into the kitchen to clean it.

After I clean the mug, I grab a white chocolate cookie from the jar and nibble on it. Did I say nibble ? I meant wolf it down like a dog.

I clean around my mouth and get up, brushing the crumbs of me. I open a drawer, searching under a pile of useless paraphernalia (a fancy word for stuff) until I found my sketchbook.

I searched even more and eventually found my Black Parade cd and put it into the cd player.

I sit down at the kitchen table and start drawing. I don't know what I'm drawing until I've finished. It was a drawing of Mikey Way and Ray Toro.

They are the cutest couple ever, maybe cuter than Frank and Gerard.

I based the drawing of a picture Gerard took in 2009 of them smiling at eachother.

I smiled at the finished product. I look at the time, 10: 45 am.

The owner of the orphanage comes downstairs, smiling at me before turning on the coffee machine. The owners name is Holly, she's thirty two, since I'm the oldest I have to help with all the other kids.

"Violet, today your parents, your real parents, are coming here, and taking you back,"

She explains calmly, knowing that I'm going to freak out. I start violently coughing, something that happens when I'm surprised or nervous, stupid asthma. She runs over to me and rubs my back, helping me breath normally.

"What ?!"

I exclaim after a massive fit of coughing. My parents want me back ? After thirteen years ?

"Yep, they'll be here at two o'clock,"

I nod, shaking my head in surprise.

"What are they like ?"

I ask, thinking. I've imagined what my parents would be like for some time, I gave up around the age of ten, coming to the realisation that they weren't coming back.

"Well, from what I remember, one of your dad's has big curly hair, the other has light brown hair, they are both really kind, but, they left you here because they were in a band and it would be to much work to look after a baby and have a band,"

She explains. I nod and start drumming my hands on the table.

"Wait, I have two dads ?"

I ask. She nods and continues.

"One was born with the female reproductive system, meaning he can have children,"

"Ew,"

I say, laughing quietly, covering my mouth with my hand. I was told my smile and laugh was ugly, making my happiness one of my insecurities.

"Should I go pack ?"

I ask pointing to the stairs. She nods and I run down to my room.

I have quite a small room, but it's filled with posters, books, albums and other things.

I take down my posters and put them into their little tubes. I collect all my albums and put them into a separate box.

I think about what books I should take, knowing I can't take all of them. I take all of my Stephen King books, and The Hunger Games series. I grab a few other books and shove them in my bag.

I collect all my sketchbooks and canvas paintings and notebooks.

I didn't know I had so much stuff. I collect all my boring stuff, like clothes, hair straighteners.

I look at all my stuff. All my clothes fit in a back pack. All my posters fit in another. All the other stuff fit in another bag.

I look at the clock. 1:48.

I grab a bag and carry it up the stairs, then repeating the process with the rest of the bags.

When I'm upstairs, all my bags on the kitchen floor. I reach up and open a cupboard and take my Polaroid camera and the box of film paper.

I've always had a passion for photography. The camera always felt right in my hands, I felt like I had captured a frame in time.

I sit on the table awakardly, waiting until my parents would arrive. Holly stands in front of me, leaning on the counter taking a sip from her coffee.

"So, are you nervous ?"

She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm meeting my parents after they left me here thirteen years ago. I would guess I'm pretty nervous,"

I state sarcastically. She laughs and shakes her head.

"Oh Violet, not sarcastic at all,"

We laugh at eachother sarcasm until a knock at the door makes us jump.

"That's them !"

She exclaims and runs to the door. I jump of the table and brush myself off.

I hear a voice from the hallway.

"Yes, she's in here,"

Then, Holly walks into the room, close behind her are two men. One with dark curly hair, the other with light brown hair in a quiff.

Ray Toro and Mikey Way.

Heyo dudes. Do you like ? I hope you like. Mikey, Ray, Gerard, Frank, everyone else in the book is current them unless I say it's not. Mmk ? Mmk.

Bye dudes