one; the rain

It was pouring out, the only sound being the harsh rain hitting the sidewalk. People running around, not wanting to get their clothes wet; of course, Michael didn't care about being soaked by the weather. 

Well, that wasn't really the reason why he was out here. The real reason being Jeremy, and what had just happened. 

"so you really think that he would be better for you?  would you rather be with him instead?! am i not enough for you?!" jeremy nearly yelled, standing still. the two were in his house; brave choice to talk about it there. 

the guilt was crushing michael to pieces. being yelled at was one of his least favorite things. "i didn't say any of that. i was just talking about him-"

"i get it if you don't want me, okay?  just leave."

''but-"

"leave me alone, mell! how hard is that to understand? you've already hurt me in many ways, and i just want to be alone!" jeremy barked, shoving michael back. 

michael nodded, turning to leave. he walked toward the door, pausing for a moment. 

"it was a mistake to be with you." michael sighed, leaving. he slammed the door shut, walking into the rain. it was a mistake to say that.

Back to reality, the rain only getting worse. He couldn't just walk home like this- he'd get in trouble. Yet, the only person he knew around here was Jeremy. Knock on a random door and hope for the best? Good idea.

Michael walked up to a door, hesitating a moment before knocking. 

Only to be greeted by Jake.

Jake Dillinger.