two; the boy

"I uh- sorry, I didn't really mean to bother you at home-" He stumbled over his words, not letting his gaze meet the others.

"I just- Okay, funny story- well, it's not really a funny story but uh.. I got kicked out of my friends house- well, ex friend," He nervously laughed, "And I don't know where to go.. So I was wondering if... You'd let me stay?" 

the way jake looked- like a mix of confusion and sadness? did he feel bad about the story, or was he just having a bad night. a bad mood since it was raining, or a soaked kid is at his doorstep? a loser, standing in front of a popular.

a hot popular.

Jake gave Michael a confusing look, "Are you okay...?" He trailed off, soon letting Michael in. "I mean, yeah, you can come in." He watched as Michael walked into the house, closing the door. 

"I think I'm okay, mostly. Thanks." Michael muttered, looking away. Before he knew, Jake came back. A clean shirt and some shorts in his hand. 

this was better than staying out in the rain- or at least, being with jeremy. he was still confused by jeremy snapping all of a sudden. light talk can turn into a fight.

Michael grabbed the clothes, giving Jake a small nod as he walked away to go change into him. Who knew popular people could be nice? 

so many things were happening. with jeremy  ignoring him, and soon calling him a loser. it was all too much at times. he wanted his old friend back. the one that would spend his time playing video games and getting high in his basement.

Michael stepped out of the bathroom in his new clothes, walking over to Jake. ".. Thanks. Again." He gave a small smile.

"You don't need to thank me. It's just a nice thing to do." Jake shrugged, "You can sit down if you want."

Michael nodded, walking over to the couch. This was nice. He sat down, Jake sitting down next to him.

"I'm sorry that had to happen to you."  Jake spoke up after a while, wrapping an arm around Michael.

"Don't be sorry. It had to happen one day."

Jake nodded, pulling Michael in closer.

it was nice to be held. by someone that you barely knew. like the two were a close couple. with all these mixed feelings-- it felt off. brush it off and sit up straight. smile for your friends. for your-