Ch.2 || Life

Finally after a long day I flip the store sign to closed and lock everything up

Finally after a long day I flip the store sign to closed and lock everything up. Not wanting to be alone with my thoughts tonight I decide to take a trip over to the new Garrison. Word spread quickly about the "gas leak'". Hell I heard the explosion all the way at the shop. I'm not usually one for gossip but the whispers around town are saying that the explosion was anything but an accident.

But hey that is none of my concern. The Shelby family has always been very kind to me and my mother so who am I to scrutinize their business.

Finally getting to the pub I pull the door open with a huff. Before I could even take three steps in, time seemed to freeze. You'd think the god damned Pope just walked in the door. The eyes seemed to follow me as I finally shuffled myself over to the bar. Time resumed and the men seemed to drift back to their conversation like I never arrived.

"'Ello love, bit late for you to be here don'tcha think?" A gruff voice says. My eyes find the man standing opposite of me. Seems like an older gentleman with strong eyes and slightly white hair.

"Whisky, Irish please." He gives me a tight smile with a nod before turning back to get my drink. I let out a sigh as I situate myself on the bar chair. I take in the new environment.

Everything is very... gold.

Seems more high end then the old Garrison. Something you might find in London. Not that I'd know. Just assuming from the talk I here.

"'Ere ya are Miss." A glass soon appears in front of me and I throw two coins on the table with a small small to the barman.

As I sip my glass I take in the company that surrounds me. It seems that I'm the only female in the room. I don't feel unsafe though. I've got my wits about me and I know that if I sit and mind my own the men will pay me no mind.

I think back to the satin dress now hanging in my small closet. It's been about a week since I've seen Polly or anyone really from the Shelby clan. But that's understandable with the whole pub situation and I heard about Ada's husband. Tragic. I could tell she really loved him. And now she has a child to raise on her own. The Shelby women are strong, she'll be able to handle it.