♡Veronica X Reader

If you walked into Pop's, it would be quiet with occasional small talk around the restaurant. But on this certain Saturday night, loud talking was heard from a certain booth in the corner.

"So you're saying..."

"Yep."

"Betty!"

"What, Kevin?! It was my decision."

"Explain to me why you and Cheryl burned the book."

As Betty told her story, Kevin, Archie, and Jughead were silently sipping their milkshakes and listening to Betty's story.

"-And if it wasn't for Veronica, all of this would still be going on. Right V?" Betty looked at Veronica for her outlook. But Veronica wasn't paying attention. She was staring at the certain (H/C) girl that was walking through the front door.

The girl looked around slowly, taking in her surroundings. As her (E/C) orbs met Veronica's, the girl smirked in her direction. Veronica just stared almost fearfully.

"Hello? Earth to Veronica?" Archie said, as he waved his hand in front of Veronica's face. She looked towards her group of friends, took a shallow deep breath and began talking.

"Oh! Yes, um... What were we talking about?"

"V, are you okay?" Betty asked, scanning Veronica with her eyes.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine!"

The group continued chatting, but Veronica couldn't help but steal glances towards the mystery girl. Jughead was the first to notice. He stared first at the mystery girl, and then at Veronica.

Jughead lightly kicked Veronica from under the table, making her flinch and look up at Jughead. He furrowed his eyebrows and with his eyes, he motioned to Mystery Girl. Veronica rolled her eyes and continued to drink her watered down milkshake. Jughead rolled his eyes in return and returned to listening to Betty's tale.

Now that Jughead wasn't looking, Veronica looked up again watch the girl. But Mystery Girl wasn't where she was before. Veronica frantically darted her eyes around until she was frozen.

Mystery girl was walking her way.

Veronica attempted to duck her head down so she wouldn't be seen, but no luck.

"Veronica? Veronica Lodge?"

Veronica looked up slowly, and was face to face with the girl. It was (Y/N), Veronica's first love.

"Hi, (Y/N)." Veronica swallowed. (Y/N) smiled, clearly happy to see her. She looked over at the other 4 in the booth.

"Hi, I'm (Y/N). I'm a friend of Veronica's." She introduced. The others greeted her and said their name. Then Kevin invited her to sit with them, and she obliged.

"So (Y/N), How do you and Veronica know each other?" Betty asked.

Veronica gave (Y/N) a death stare from the side of her eye.

"I used to live near Veronica in New York." She replied.

"Oh, okay." Betty began to sense the awkwardness and tension.

"Yeah, we used to be really close." Veronica added her two cents.

"Yeah, close is an understatement." (Y/N) muttered, which Kevin heard.

"Meaning..." Kevin asked. (Y/N) looked in his direction in almost fake shock.

"Oh, Ronnie didn't tell you?" (Y/N) looked at Veronica with a sinister glint in her eye, which in turn, Veronica sent another death glare to (Y/N).

"Tell us what?" Jughead asked, a little afraid of what his friend was hiding.

"Ronnie and I used to date." (Y/N) simply said, taking out a piece of gum out from her purse and chewing it like she didn't just say something that has never been brought up before.

Archie, Kevin, Betty, and Jughead all turned their heads towards Veronica in shock. Veronica was equally as shocked, her eyes wide and jaw dropped as she looked at (Y/N).

"You two dated?!" They said in unison.

"Yes, we dated for a while, didn't we Ronnie?"

Veronica ignored both questions by playing with her straw in her watered down milkshake.

(Y/N) decided catch-up was over, so she stood up from the booth.

"It was nice meeting you guys. And nice to see you again Ronnie." (Y/N) said with a playful smirk and walked away.
- - -
I didn't know how to finish it soooo...