cuatro.

four. dibs

"SEE ANY CUTE boys ?" Jessica says as she picks with her food, "The boys here are kinda hot

"SEE ANY CUTE boys ?" Jessica says as she picks with her food, "The boys here are kinda hot." Ever since clay added Katherine to the groupchat with his friends, they'd hit it off instantly.

It's been a few days since then so cat's a lot more comfortable with them.

"Yeah i noticed that." katherine agrees as she looks around the cafeteria, gushing over a variety of different boys. 

A specific group catches her eye as they walk in through the clear doors making a racket. 

That specific group was the jocks. 

There's a boy that stands out in the group though.  his smile is wide, bright with full front row of teeth showing as he jokes around with he other jocks.

"Damn." She mumbles to herself.

Then it hits her. It was the same boy from just days earlier.  The boy from the store. His wavy brunette hair was brushed perfectly, bouncing slightly with each step he took. She wouldn't call it love at first sight but she definitely wanted him for herself. "Dibs." She says involuntarily.

"What?" Jessica asks.  Katherine doesn't say anything.  instead she discreetly points to the boy in the letterman jacket. The table follows her finger to him.

"Scott reed?" Hannah asks.  Katherine, not remembering the boys name from days earlier, nods her head.

"You know him?" Katherine looks to the girl.

"Kinda, not really. I met him at a party once, not much conversation." Hannah shrugs, "But you called dibs on him right?" Katherine nods

"Then he's off limits from now on." Jessica inserts, "girl code and all."

Katherine smiles at the statement,  excitement secretly filling her as she realizes she's at the point in the friend group where they share an unspoken girl code.

"Y'all are weird." Alex munches on his food.