Concealment and reading people

"the art of disguise is knowing how to hide in plain sight."
-SH

This isn't necessarily directly a part of Radical Pacifism, but it is important and useful to learn how not to be noticed, and how to notice others.

1) Mindset.
Try to imagine yourself as part of the scenery. Wallpaper. Background. An extra, if you will. It makes a big difference.

2) Behaviour
If you are trying not to be noticed:
- Copy the crowd. Walk in busy places. Sit still on park benches. Be the same as everyone else
- Forget the swagger. Don't draw attention to yourself through making eye contact or attention grabbing mannerisms.
To notice others:
- Look for people alone.
- Look for people who you see repeatedly (don't rely on clothing)
- Look for people who aren't doing anything
- Look for people who aren't wearing anything flashy
- If you think you're being tailed, make four right turns. If they follow you, you're being tailed.
- If you think you're being tailed, turn a corner, then stop walking (have an excuse e.g. window shopping). If they stop for any reason, continue, then repeat. If they stop again, they're almost certainly following you.

3) Body language
If you are trying to portray an image or read body language:
Open palms - honesty
Folded arms - defensiveness
Copying (e.g. crossing legs the same way) - respect
Tapping - nervousness
Shoulders hunched - fear
Avoiding eye contact - awkward or lying
Dilated pupils - fear, love
Increased pulse - fear, love, excitement
Biting lip - common nervous habit (and sometimes tell)

4) Clothing
- Dark colours are less obvious than bright colours.
- Never underestimate the power of the colour grey
- Don't be too on trend or too unfashionable
- In most cases, jeans and a plain, dark t-shirt work
- Have a hoodie/ sunglasses/ reversible jacket depending on season for quick appearance changes.
- Early morning in park? Jogging outfits, preferably neon. If anyone notes you, they'll see the colours and not your face. You'll never be remembered.

Useful? Please vote to let me know. Spread the word with #RadicalPacifism.

Comment what you want to know about Radical Pacifism or the Nocte movement, and I'll add it into a chapter.