fifteen

*chapter fifteen;

"Think about going on another date with me." Harry commands, then takes it back. "Sorry, that was really straightforward. Was this, like, okay? I—I mean, would you, uh, go on another with me? Another date, that is. I mean—it's fine if you wouldn't—just,"

"Do I need to shut you up?"

"If you mean by punching me in the face, no—I wouldn't like—"

Louis cuts off Harry's rambling by kissing him, and, at first, Harry's stuck in shock, until he begins to move his lips along with Louis'. It's slow and nice, with Louis leaning over the console of Harry's car. And, as pathetic as it is, Louis' never been kissed before, not in all his nineteen years. (Unless you count a little girl named Cara in kindergarten, but Louis doesn't.)

And, Louis thinks, it feels really fucking great to be kissing Harry right here, right now, and he'd not rather be anywhere else. Also, he thinks that he could probably stay here forever with Harry, and never stop kissing him, that's how much he loves it. He knows it's not just the kissing part he likes, it's definitely the Harry part, too. Louis knows that if it was anyone else, it wouldn't feel this way. 

Alas, both boys eventually have to breathe, so they part slightly, forehead resting on forehead, and smile at each other. 

"I don't usually kiss on the first date," Louis says, and it's not exactly a lie, because he's only been on, what, three dates? And, on none of them did he kiss the other person, but, then again, he never went on any second dates, either. "but, you're an exception."

"I always kiss on the first date," Harry teases, looking into Louis' fascinating blue eyes. "Just kidding." 

Louis is about to reply, when Harry cuts him off.

"I'm just wondering, why didn't we paint my room the color of your eyes? They're so much prettier, and, plus, if my room was the color of your eyes, it would feel like you were always with me, surrounding me."

"I don't know, why didn't we?" Louis replies, thinking. "Oh, yeah, that's right. You asked me what color I wanted to paint your room, and what kind of freak would I be if I told you —a guy I just met—to paint your room the color of the my eyes?"

"Touché," Harry says. "Maybe we should re-paint it."

"But isn't there paint, like, everywhere? That would be one hell of a mess to clean up." 

"Well, yeah.." Harry trails.

"But, whatever, we can do that, if you want," Louis replies, "It was fun the first time, I'm sure it'll be fun the second. But, promise me, we'll paint my room, too?" 

"Yes, of course," Harry smiles, giving Louis a finally little peck on the lips before pulling his head away. "Let's get you home, then." 

"Do I have to go home?" Louis whines, pouting. 

"Yes, Lou," Harry smiles. "Won't you mother be worried?"

"I'm nineteen, Harry." Louis responds, deadbeat.

"So? I know your mum."

"So do I."

"Let's not fight about this," Harry frowns. "What would you like to do, then, beside go home?"

"Would you like to go out to eat? It's been, what, three hours since we ate those sandwiches? I'm up for something." Louis suggests, though he doesn't really feel hungry. He never has, y'know.

"Uh, sure. Where?"

"Drive-through, preferably." 

"McDonald's is open all night, yeah?"

"Okay, sounds good."

And so, they drive to the nearest McDonald's, which is fifteen minutes away. On the way there, the two boys play the alphabet game—you know, the one where you have to find all the letters of the alphabet on road signs?—and they get up to x, because goddamn x is always the party pooper.

 "You know what?" Harry asks, as they pull up to McDonald's. 

"Hmm?"

"When I graduate, I'm going to open a store called 'Harry's Zappy Yodeling Wombat Xylophones'."

"Good luck with that." Louis snorts, shaking his head fondly at this boy next to him. 

When Harry pulls up to the drive-through, a voice comes through a little speaker asking him what he wants. He quick turns to Louis and asks him what he wants, before turning back at telling the little speaker. 

Soon, they're taking their food from a window—after paying, of course—and driving away. 

"You know how gross McDonald's food really is?" Harry asks Louis as he eats a french-fry. 

"Yeah, but guess what doesn't care?"

"Either of us, I guess." Harry smiles, taking a fry from Louis, and chuckling when he pouts. 

Harry keeps glancing over at Louis, because he can't help but love watching Louis eat. It's like, he looks so adorable when he eats and Harry doesn't really know why he thinks that, because Louis just eats like a normal person, but apparently cuter

Eventually, Louis finishes eating, and he hadn't even noticed that Harry had been admiring him the whole time, because Louis just really loves food. 

"Oh, shit." Louis says abruptly. "Harry, can you pull over?"

"Yeah, is something wrong?"

"Uhm, no, I just don't want my bladder to explode." And then Louis face-palms, because isn't that a charming thing to say on a first date? 

But, it's true, really, because Louis hadn't peed since yesterday and he figures that he probably needs to, and his mum didn't remind him today because he wasn't with her, so. Here he is, peeing on the side of the road, while Harry sits awkwardly in the car, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. 

When Louis comes back in, he's relieved that he remembered before his bladder exploded, so Harry didn't have to see him die a horrible, bladder-explosional death. (His bladder probably wouldn't explode.. because he'd just pee himself like a normal person, but.)

"Home?" Harry asks, pulling the car back onto the road. 

"Sure." 

So Harry takes the next turn, and drives Louis back to his house, as he offered. When he drives into Louis' drive-way, Louis gets out and Harry watches him walk away, until Louis turns back, with a knowing look on his face, and shouts "Stop staring at my ass, Styles!"

omg i don't even know what this chapter is like they just go to mcdonald's??? how i got this to 1000 words is out of my comprehension

love you lots like jelly tots