sixteen

*chapter sixteen;

"Before you escape to your room, tell me. How was it?" Jay asks Louis when he comes back into the house with a giant smile plastered on his face. 

"Great." Louis says, elated. It probably couldn't have gone better, in Louis' point of view. 

"That's fantastic, hun!" Jay smiles, walking up to Louis. "Anne is starting you on that drug tomorrow, right?"

"Yep!"

Louis is definitely excited. If this works, he will no longer have to be reminded to eat or pee or be careful. Those are his least favorite words—be careful—because they have been seared into his brain over and over and over again. 

Eventually, the two stop talking and Louis retreats back to his room, where he puts on pajamas and flops onto his bed, pulling his laptop into his lap. He logs onto Tumblr and reblogs some things before deciding it's probably an appropriate time to go to sleep. 

He's so giddy, though, so as he tries to sleep, he can't stop smiling into his pillow.

"But, Mum, we have to!" Harry whines to his mother while they walk around the supermarket. 

"We don't have to." Anne raises her eyebrows, looking up at her son. 

It's hard to be in control when your son is a foot taller than you.

"Yes, we do." Harry replies, taking a tub of paint remover off its shelf. 

Anne groans, "Fine."

"Yay! Thank you, Mummy!" Harry smiles, kissing his mother on the cheek  before scurrying off to the paint section to get the right shade of blue to match Louis' eyes. 

He stops in the blue section, and it's a tough selection, with all the blues that look so similar. He settles for aquarius blue. 

He grabs a two cans and hurrys back to his mother, whom is browsing the magazines in the front of the store. The two of them then proceed to the checkout line, where a teenage girl named Lily—as stated on her nametag—is ringing them up. 

They leave soon after, and Anne drives Harry home but then goes to the clinic. Usually today is her day off, but she promised Louis she would start him on Naxolone today. 

When she gets there, Louis is already sitting in the waiting room. Anne smiles at him and gestures for him to follow her into her office. 

"Hi, Louis. How are you doing, today?"

"M'fine."

"Okay. Great. So, there's two ways you can take Naxolone. You can take it in pill form, or I can give it to you in a syringe." 

"Pills, please."

"And, I suggest you don't tell people that you are on this drug, because it does have other uses. One being that it is used for opium addicts."

"Oh." Louis hadn't known that, and now he feels a bit strange, that he's going to be using the same drug that an opium addict would use. He shrugs it off, taking a small pill out of Anne's hand. She gives him a little disposable cup, filled with water. He puts the pill on his tongue and gulps the water, the pill going down easily. 

"Now, remember, this doesn't always work. If it doesn't go into effect in three week's time, then we will know it doesn't work on you, and take you off of it immediately."

"Okay."

Anne performs a few more tests on Louis, and once it's determined that he is not hurt, she let's him go. 

Louis begins his walk home, but as he passes Harry's house, Harry comes outside and begins walking with Louis. 

"So, you up for some painting?" Harry asks, sillily hooking his and Louis' arms together. 

"Hmm, sure." Louis replies, so the pair turns around and heads up to Harry's house, where—obviously—they will be painting. 

Louis sends a quick text to his mum so she won't be worried, before putting on another one of Harry's old shirts. 

When Louis enters Harry's room, it seems that Harry's already done all the hard work. That being, moving the furniture, getting the green paint off the floor, and putting masking tape around the windows and corners of the walls. 

Harry then walks into his room, carrying a large stack of newspaper. 

"My mum told me to try and not get it on the floor this time." Harry sheepishly smiles, handing Louis half of the stack. 

The boys then lay the newspaper on the ground, covering up any and all of the hardwood they see. Once they finish that, Harry hands Louis and paint roll and pan, and they get to work. 

They aren't so hyper this time around, so they actually paint the walls like normal people. (Well, besides for when Harry snuck up behind Louis and tickled his sides so that he dropped his roll, because he needed payback from the first time.)

"My walls are totally, definitely better than yours." Louis smirks, admiring his masterpiece of walls. 

Harry knows it's true, really, Louis' walls are better. 

"Shut up." Harry pouts, looking at his own two walls. "Maybe you just should have done all of it."

"Maybe I should have." Louis teases, mostly because he thinks it's really cute when Harry pouts. 

hey sorry this chapter is kinda dumb

but there's only four chapters left !!!!

wowie.

um, if you could be a dear and check out my new story "one-hundred notes" i would really, really appreciate it. [external link]