eighteen

*chapter eighteen;

"Act, Harry. Say it." Harry whispers a pep talk to himself. 

"I think I love you." Harry says loudly. It is the first thing Louis hears when he wakes up. 

He had slept over at Harry's, and they'd now been dating for a month. (And, no, Naxolone didn't work on Louis, as much as he'd wanted it to.)

"Hm?" Louis hums, still tired, his limbs entangled with Harry. 

"I said, I love you." Harry whispers into Louis' ear, sending shivers down his back. 

And really, Harry isn't lying. Harry is a strong believer in soul mates, and he thinks that he found his. Harry loves the way that Louis does virtually everything, from sleeping to eating to the way he rolls his eyes when Harry says something dumb. 

"It's okay if you don't want to say it back, I understand." Harry says after Louis doesn't reply for awhile.

And, it's not that Louis doesn't love Harry, because he does—he has for awhile. It's that Harry is the only person besides Louis' mum to tell him I love you. Louis' dad didn't—doesn't love him, his friends never really loved him—or at least they never said so, and Louis never really dated anyone else. So, in all his nineteen years, he'd only been loved by one person. Well, now two, and that's what's shocking him.

"No, I love you, too." Louis finally says, and Harry lets out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. 

Harry tries to kiss Louis, but Louis pushes him away. "Brush your teeth first, Mr. Morning Breath."

"Okay!" Harry pops out of bed and runs into the bathroom, to brush his teeth.

Louis just laughs and then slowly gets up, blushing when he realizes that he's not wearing any clothes due to last night's activities. (Look, Anne wasn't home for the night, what would you expect two gay teenage boys to do?) So, Louis puts on his pajama bottoms—that were carelessly flung across the room the previous night—and heads down to the kitchen.

He begins to pour himself some cereal, because he knows Harry won't mind. After he's taken two bites, he hears Harry ramming down the stairs. Harry's thing with stairs is that he always goes down them fast.

Harry then walks over to Louis with a cheeky smile on his face, and gives him a big kiss. Louis smiles into the kiss, and so does Harry, so their teeth clink together. Louis can taste the mint from the toothpaste Harry just used.

After that, Harry pours himself a bowl of cereal and he right away takes a bite, making a sour face afterwards. 

"What is it?" 

"This cereal tastes disgusting!"

"Harry, you just brushed your teeth."

"Oh, yeah. Duh." Harry facepalms, but still takes another bite of cereal. "Eating through the pain." he says. 

Louis rolls his eyes, just like how Harry loves. 

"Wanna hear a joke?"

"Uh, sure."

"Why did the baboon ask the giraffe why the long face?"

"I don't know, why?"

"Because he thought the giraffe's neck was its face!"

Louis doesn't say anything, because that joke was just utterly dumb, and Louis hopes that by not laughing or saying anything that it will get the point across. It does.

"Okay, sorry. That one was stupid."

"It's okay, babe." Louis smiles, finishing off his cereal and loading his bowl into the dishwasher. 

Harry is done almost immediately after him, and so he follows suit and loads his dish, too. 

Then, the boys watch some tv before Louis gets a text message from his mum that says he should come home. 

"Bye, Haz." Louis smiles, giving him a light kiss on the lips.

"Bye, Lou! I'll miss you!" Harry calls to Louis as he walks away. 

Louis smiles and blows Harry another kiss before walking out the front door and heading home. 

When he gets there, his mother is on the phone. He walks through the door and tries to walk past his mum and go to his room, but she stops him before mouthing this is for you.

The phone is pushed into Louis' hand before he can even ask who it is. He holds it up to his ear and hears a masculine voice that he doesn't recognize. 

"Hello, Louis."

"Uh, hi. Who's this?"

"It's your father."

"Yeah, uh, no. Bye." Louis panics, handing the phone back to his mother and going to his room before she can hand the phone back to him.

Louis thanks whoever built this house for putting a lock on his door, because as Jay knocks on the door, she can't get it open and make Louis talk to his father. 

"He needs to discuss something with you, Louis!"

"I do not want to discuss anything with him, Mum!" Louis yells, grabbing his earbuds off his dresser and playing his music loud so that he can't hear his mother. 

"This is serious, Louis!" Jay screams through the door, and Louis knows she really means business, so he reluctantly climbs off the bed and unlocks the door. 

Jay's face is angry red and she shoves the phone into Louis' hand. He puts it up to his ear.

"Before you hang up on me, this is a college offer that your mother agreed to."

"Oh?"

"Yes. There's a clinic on campus at the college nearest to me. Your mum said she'd love if you applied."

"I'll think about it."

"This is serious, Louis. Your education is very important!"

"Well, apparently I'm not, to you. So, bye." Louis hangs up.

He then walks back to his mother. She gives him a pointed look—in which he does not acknowledge. 

But, Louis knows this is an opportunity he can't pass up.

okay so if you didn't catch the hint up there they fucked
oh and louis topped because i can't think of any other logical way for them to do it
like if harry topped louis wouldn't know if it hurt so he wouldn't be able to tell harry to stop so

yeah louis topped so sorry you harry top-girls

beware: this is the last happy chapter 'm very sorry