Hamliza || Happy Birthday, Mrs. Hamilton

Happy (belated) birthday Eliza!!!!

Yes, I know it was yesterday, I just had no time to write her birthday special until now.

Ships: Hamliza, Jeggy, Burrdosia, Mullette

Backstory: A modern AU where Eliza was to be married to George King (King George) and then met Alex. A few weeks into her relationship with him, it was spilled that she was engaged. She felt horrible that she lied to Alex and even expected him to break up with her, but he didn't. He decided to do anything to make her happy, even if it meant his own death. They sold Alex's house and moved to a little place in Florida with the members of the ships listed above. Eliza was pregnant during the time they ran away, resulting in Philip being born.

A/N: This is based off of a roleplay I have with LupinTheBlueWolf and it's still in the works. I chose this AU for a reason you'll see soon ;3
---------------

     Alexander let out a sigh of relief as he put up the last few decorations. Eliza would be home soon and he wanted to surprise his girlfriend of two years. The two had been through hell and back together. From running away together with their friends, to having and raising a kid.

     Alexander didn't regret any of it. He was happy to have a beautiful girlfriend and an adorable son. They were the light of his life and he didn't regret a single second of his relationship with Eliza. Their first meeting in Justice would forever be the best day of his life. One look at her and he knew he fell hard for the woman.

     He loved her at first glance and he was ecstatic that she loved him back. His past had always kept him from getting too attached until he came to New York. He met his first friends, John Laurens, Hercules Mulligan, Marquis de Lafayette, and Aaron Burr. He met the love of his life, Elizabeth Schuyler and his first female friend, Peggy Schuyler.

     And, as sad as he was to leave New York behind, he did. Why? Well, he wouldn't have Eliza if he didn't. A life without her was worse than death in his mind. That's why he would die for her. He would die for his family, he knew that.

     Alex heard the door open and quickly spun around. There stood his friends, Aaron, Lafayette, Hercules, and John. "Don't worry, they're still at the mall. There's a bit of traffic so they'll be here soon." Aaron commented, walking to the kitchen to make sure Alex didn't burn the food.

     "Anyways, we got the thing for you." John gushed, grinning and holding a gift box to Alex. "I can't believe you're really going to do it! It seems like just yesterday you were writing that note to know what to say!"

     Alex blushed deeply at the mention of the note and took the gift box. "Thank you guys again for helping me with this. It means so much." He smiled at the three other men in front of him. The three gave him a thumbs up before going to find hiding places. Aaron had already found his. Luckily Alex didn't ruin the food.

     Alex took a deep breath before turning off the lights and hiding. The males had hid just in time, seeing as a few minutes later, the door opened. Peggy and Theodosia led Eliza inside, each covering one of her eyes as she giggled. "Guys, seriously! Just let me look around!" She laughed, grinning. She was confident that Alex set them up to this.

     "3... 2... 1..." The other two females counted down before uncovering Eliza's eyes. The guys sprung up from their hiding places, letting out a yell of "SURPRISE!!" as Peggy flicked the lights back on. The birthday girl gasped and covered her mouth.

     "You guys... You didn't have to do all of this..." She murmurs, looking around. It was amazing! Everything was a baby blue color, and each balloon around the room had some sort of message on it. Weither it be 'happy birthday!!' to 'love you Li Li!!', they were all in Alexander's handwriting.

     "They didn't do anything but be here and get you gifts. I did all the decorations." Alex says, smiling at his Eliza. The woman rushes over to him and hugs him, placing her lips on his. His cheeks turned a dark red as Eliza pulled away, giggling.

     "Take it as a thank you gift." She quotes herself, grinning. A light pink blush covered her own cheeks. Alex's blush spread as the memory of them dancing at Angelica Schuyler's baby shower replayed in his mind. He remembered when he dipped her before pulling her back up as the music ended, and how she quickly looked around before pecking his lips.

     Eliza grins at him before it clicks in her mind. "Where's Philip? You did take him to daycare, right?" She inquired, causing Alex to sigh and place his hands on her shoulders.

     "I took him over to the Washington's place. They'll be taking care of him overnight." He responds, kissing her forehead. "You worry too much. Take a break and enjoy your birthday." He adds on, smiling down at her. Eliza's blush deepens and she nods.

----------

     Alex bit his lip, his friends surrounding him and urging him to 'just do it already'. Eliza was in the bathroom right now, so she didn't know what was going on. He took another deep breath as he heard the bathroom door creak as it opened. Eliza walked over and their friends sat down, watching.

     "Eliza..." Alex breathes, and the birthday girl answers with a quiet, "Yes Alex?". The man inhaled, digging his hand into his pocket, where he had put the little black box that had been hidden in gift box John handed him.

     All of their friends held their breath as Alex slowly got on one knee, holding the little black box in his hand, showing an engagement ring. The band was made of gold and the diamond, which was held up by the prongs, was surrounded by sapphires. Eliza gasped, tears appearing in her eyes as she covered her mouth.

     "Elizabeth Schuyler, I know that we've only been together for two years, but I've known since day one that you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. You've brought me so much happiness and joy, so much that I can't even think of what life would be like without you. You made feel me loved, something I haven't felt since my mother died when I was twelve. You made me a father, and you've made life worth living. Seeing you can instantly bring me happiness, so... Will you make me the luckiest man on Earth, and marry me?" Alex asked. He watched tears slowly start racing down her cheeks as she nodded.

     He stood up and held his arms out. She rushed over and hugged him, placing her lips on his once again. They shared a quick, yet passionate kiss before Eliza pulled away. Alex took the ring out of the box and put it on her left hand ring finger. He kissed her cheek, whispering something in her ear.

"Happy Birthday, Mrs. Hamilton."