Theoliza || Platonic Gay

Eliza was always worried about her sexuality. A bisexual Schuyler? She didn't think that would go over well with the masses. Because of this, she basically dated the guy her dad wanted her to date, Thomas Jefferson. Luckily, he had no interest in her and had a boyfriend, so they broke up and she was basically home free.

Another thing Eliza worried about was her best friend, Theodosia's, sexuality. She wouldn't admit it, but she has had a crush on the other girl for years. So, when the two are on such a level of platonic gay that they basically act like lovers and say "i love you" to each other, it had Eliza pretty heartbroken.

So, because she was of age and heartbroken, Eliza drank. She drank and drank, getting so drunk that her friend, Lafayette, had to call Theodosia to come pick her up. The car ride was awkward, Eliza mumbling random things and Theodosia staying completely silent.

When they got to Theo's house, the older girl picked her drunk best friend up bridal style and carried her to the guest room. She set the girl down and kissed her forehead before turning to walk out of the room.

Eliza grabs hee wrist and she turns and looks back at her best friend, raising an eyebrow. "Theoooo, I looovee youuu.." Eliza mumbles, blushing slightly.

Theodosia chuckles and smiles, taking this platonically. "I love you too Lizzy." She responds, not sure why her best friend was stating this right now.

"Noo, I mean likee, I love love youu." Eliza slurs, her vision blurry. Theodosia's cheeks burn with blush. Did she find Eliza attractive? Yes, she did, because Eliza was beautiful with her ivory skin, her long, raven hair, and her bright, onyx eyes. Theo would be a fool to not be slightly attracted to the girl.

"Lizzy, let's talk about this tomorrow." Theo responds awkwardly, not sure jow to deal with this. Drunk Eliza was really truthful, and the thought of her best friend loving her was a bit hard for her to comprehend currently.

"Theo, are we always going to be just platonic gay? I.. I don't wanna be platonic gay with you. I wanna be full homo." Eliza whispers, tears appearing in her eyes. Despite being drunk, she had a pretty damn good mindset. Maybe it was just because she wasn't truly black out drunk, just a tiny bit drunk, but no longer tipsy.

"Lizzy... I'm not sure. I need time to think." Theo whispers.

A tear races down Eliza's cheek and she lets go of Theodosia's wrist. "Nevermind Theo... I get it, we're platonic gays. I'm just an idiot."

Theo wanted to argue but Eliza quickly sent her off. They didn't talk the next morning, and Eliza went home. She talked to her dad, had him find her another boy, fell in love with him, and moved on. Theodosia on the other hand wasn't so lucky. She lived in regret, thinking about all the 'what if's and wishing she hadn't been so oblivious to her best friend's feelings.